PDA

View Full Version : Low ambient temperature breaking Beko?

idontlikecoffee
03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any idea if low ambient temperature might be causing my Beko fridge freezer to malfunction.

It is about a couple of years old and recently it has only been working intermittently. It is situated in my Kitchen, but the kitchen is not heated, and recently the ambient temps have been very low, around 5 degrees C, occasionally even lower.

It's very cold here at the moment, so I've disconnected it, will it have been permanently damaged or if I wait until it is warmer should it start to work normally (assuming it is the low temps that are affecting it)

I've been looking at new ones and it seems most of them can't work below 10C, are there any that can work below that, I'm trying to cut back on my heating bills so don't want to have to heat the kitchen as I don't use it very much.

Thanks for reading,

Julie

brian m w
03-02-2009, 07:08 PM
It should be fine when you plug it back in, if you move it to put another in its place, try and keep it up right as they are a bugger for blocking up.

idontlikecoffee
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
It should be fine when you plug it back in, if you move it to put another in its place, try and keep it up right as they are a bugger for blocking up.

Thanks for the reply, it's good to know it might not damaged by the low temps,

Julie

amitsaxena
10-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Only one suggestion, as whenever you start the refrigerator, dont load it for atleast 12-15Hrs.
Thanks
Amit