PDA

View Full Version : Which Unit for a Domestic Wine Cellar

mick5
03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi,
We install Air con systems to commercial and residential properties and one of the domestic jobs also needs a unit for the wine cellar.
The unit needs to be very quite and the client has stated that there is to be no vibration from the indoor unit transfering to the wine in the racks.

We asked HRP to give us a spec for some equipment which they have done but wanted to check if the this equipment would be quiet enough and vibration free. They first reccomended an MR28 indoor which i queried as it just seemed far to big for what is required. The system they then reccomended was a Kobal MR12 with a Silensys 9480Z. The wine cellar is purpose built in a basement 2.7M x 2M and about 2.5M High. We need to be able to provide 4oC to 10oC.
We have already installed the pipework at first fix stage of 1/2" and 3/8".
Can anyone advise if this is good quality equipment and fairly quiet with no vibration?. Or any experience of other better equipment.
Many Thanks

Michael

Quality
03-02-2009, 03:59 PM
http://www.cornerfridge.com/
try these

glenn1340
03-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Hi Mick

4-10 c seems a tad low to me 12.7 is the optimum otherwise the flavour can be flattened you might also want to consider the humidity, as to low and the corks could dry and shrink and even allow the alchohol in the wine to evaporate. To high and mould could form on the corks and labels.
But there again he`s the customer so he who pays the piper....

By the way if you come across a Schloss Reisenberger in his cellar it`ll go very nice with some soft cheese.

Happy drinking,
Glenn (hic)

ListenToThis
23-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Hello, I'm am new to RE and just I ran across this thread. I think I can add something. As the previous poster noted, 12.7C is optimal for wine. However, standard refrigeration is not usually good since it dries out the air. A relative humidity of 50% to 75% is what should be aimed for. There are products out there that do this with no vibration. May want to search for Wine-mate, Breesaire, or whisper-Kool.

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, be absolutely sure the basement has a solid vapor barrier in addition to the insulation. Some home owners think concrete is sufficient but creates all sorts of problems in a wine cellar environment.

Cheers,
Earl

Magoo
05-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Wine chillers can be a nightmare, as the purists want straight line temp and humidity control, simulates the cellars[ limestone holes in the ground ] as in France. Be carefull.
magoo

glenn1340
05-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I`ve never had any problems with correct wine temp, itsh never around long enough to get a chance to be stored...hic!!
Now, whersh that cork shcrew

MIT
19-04-2009, 09:47 AM
the silensys 9480Z, is that tecumseh compressor? it is the silent type of tecumseh compressor. 4-10 C is I also believe a liitle low 12 C is maybe enough because you may want your wine to age up will it was stored so you also need 65 to 75% rh