PDA

View Full Version : Daikin I controllers

smilerkit
03-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi I have a daikin I controller that is not keeping it's setting, some have paswords some dont, settings are changing over night.

Does this require daikin system reset or can I fix it.

nicolacozma
03-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Do you mean Intelligent Touch-controller?
In this case on the left side there is a back-up switch and you have to switch it on.

smilerkit
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
yeah it is, but the fault is intermitant somtimes working for a week or so and then others it will crash out overnight.

I have nerver notice the back up switch before, is it visable to the eye is you are not looking for it?

nicolacozma
03-02-2009, 01:01 PM
yeah it is, but the fault is intermitant somtimes working for a week or so and then others it will crash out overnight.

If you don`t activate the backup you will lose the data all the time when your iTC will have a power failure.

I have nerver notice the back up switch before, is it visable to the eye is you are not looking for it?
There is a rectangular opening on the left side of the iTC and the backup switch is inside of the opening. From factory came in upper position. To activate the backup you have smoothly to slide down the switch. That it`s all.

brunstar
03-02-2009, 09:16 PM
the switch is to allow the battery to operate within the i touch, general stand by on that about 5 years.
I think what you need to do with your i touch is go to the schedules and change the settings there, what is happening, is you have schedules to turn the system on and off but you are adjusting the settings on the front screen but the schedules will over ride this on the pre set schedule settings.
either change the schedules or disable them.
you can't just change the settings on the front screen and expect them to stay.