PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I am wrong

LDK
31-01-2009, 09:26 PM
HI all of you
I have on York Air cooled chiller those data.
OIL pressure 18.5 barg -- OIL temperature 60.82 C
SP 5.32barg --ST 9.9 C
DP20.2barg --DT78.8
SAT SUC 9.1
SH 0.4
SAT DISCH 52.3
DISH SH 29.5
AMBIENT T 30
Leaving Water T 7.9
Retuern Water T 93.7
STEP 75
With a Laser thermometer i have on
The liquid line 32 C and afetr the economizer tthe liquid line is 12 C going to TXV .Before entrying the TXV , liquid line is 14 C , sight glass bubbling .TXV is iceing.

I have 43 C (1699KPA) at entrying of the dryer

Here is my conclusion
I have too subcooling and highdischarge pressure .
Super heat too small
for me there is to much refrigerant is the system .
Ive try to explain the Ice on TXV and Bubble on the sigthglass by the fact thtat the liguid line entryig the TXV too cool and surely the economizer( heat exhanger) should be full of liquid refrigerant.
Someone has try too set the TXV super-heat(I ve put back to the factory setting )but no change .
Was this troubleshooting correct.

PS It is R407C -Screw type chiller

chillerman2006
01-02-2009, 12:11 AM
HI all of you
I have on York Air cooled chiller those data.
OIL pressure 18.5 barg -- OIL temperature 60.82 C
SP 5.32barg --ST 9.9 C
DP20.2barg --DT78.8
SAT SUC 9.1
SH 0.4
SAT DISCH 52.3
DISH SH 29.5
AMBIENT T 30
Leaving Water T 7.9
Retuern Water T 93.7
STEP 75
With a Laser thermometer i have on
The liquid line 32 C and afetr the economizer tthe liquid line is 12 C going to TXV .Before entrying the TXV , liquid line is 14 C , sight glass bubbling .TXV is iceing.

Here is my conclusion
I have too subcooling and highdischarge pressure .
Super heat too small
for me there is to much refrigerant is the system .
Ive try to explain the Ice on TXV and Bubble on the sigthglass by the fact thtat the liguid line entryig the TXV too cool and surely the economizer( heat exhanger) should be full of liquid refrigerant.
Someone has try too set the TXV super-heat(I ve put back to the factory setting )but no change .
Was this troubleshooting correct.

PS It is R407C -Screw type chiller

Hi LDK

at a quick glance pressures look ok for +30c and reading this and your other post together - i would be leaning towards low on gas or blocked drier- oil seperator is a good place to start for leaks- common fault

check your temp readings again with k-type thermocouple - especially water temps as 7 leaving and 93 return are not right

take pressure and temp readings from same point on liquid line(subcooling)

check temp either side of drier - if blocked this will account for drop in temp on liquid line and flash gas in sight glass:confused:

Kh1971
01-02-2009, 06:34 AM
Hi,

I think you have to check again your readings

LDK
01-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Thank you Chillerman

Gary
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM

If I understand this correctly, you have 43C before the drier and 32C after the drier. If so, the drier is plugged.