PDA

View Full Version : Fisher & Paykel

Toolman
31-01-2009, 02:20 AM
ES22B under over fridge/freezer ( freezer at base )
Can anyone who has accessed the evap coil tell me how you do it ? I dont want to break anything but I suspect this one is iced up and I cant " put it on defrost" manually .
So I have to get to the evap to clear the ice or at least see if theres any ice there . Temp is crap although compressor and fan running . 2 months old !! :mad:

citytosurf
04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
all you do to defrost it manualy is please mode and down till it beeps
and you just pull in the center is it to pull it out
alot of the times it is the fans on the old active smarts best to do both at the same times as the newer fans are alot better

Toolman
06-02-2009, 08:46 AM
OK thanks ... but what exactly is "please mode and down till it beeps " ? , the tech looked at it ( under warranty job )
He says its the fan and 3 days later I rang to stir them up and see where my fan is and they say it has to come back to the shop and I get a loner , Its a good start to this fridge considering my old Rank Arena lasted the standard 20+ years , they dont make em like they used to !!! PIECE O CRAP !

TECH TIM
06-02-2009, 10:01 AM
city your a bit hard to under stand, im the same though lol, to force a defrost on any (aust) f&p you need to press and hold the mode button while pressing temp down, mode = the button wich changes the light on display to top or bottom(fridge or freezer), temp down = the button you press to get temp light in display to go down, this will cause compo to cycle off and def will start in a minute or 2, if yor coil is reasonbly cl;ear it may be defrostin ok, i suspect you have an ice build up behind chassis plate, chassis plate is the pastic plate wich evap mounts to, to remove evap TURN POWER OFF:D
if you look at rear of evap you should see where the cabinet "ends and where chassis joins" (if you get that) it looks like a vertical gap or crack, this is either side of evap chassis plate, like city says place your hand under evap and kinda put your finger tips up rear vent (behind plastic at rear of evap) give it a good pull and it should release, (it may need a good pull if alot of ice behind), it may also be wise to allow couple of hours to let ice begin to defrost, then you need to move evap to the left or right depending on pipe entry, ie if pipes enter on rhs swing evap to rhs (being extremly careful not to kink suction line, you then can inspect the rear of chassis plate and supply air duct to refrig section, if no ice like city says could be fans or fan you need a strong magnet to place over reed switchs(door sensors) usually you can see where they are by a rectangle plastic cover place one over fridge door sensor until light goes off and one over freezer door sensor, then see if you can feel air flows, please note if one or both doors are open no fans will operate, also the fridge fan should also start fast then slow down to alot slower than freezer fan so this makes it hard to tell if its runnin or not dont try to meter fans, they are dc, basically best way to check them is visually or sense airflow try these first an let me know outcome i got alot more info if ya need it i used be service agent for fkn pkl (f&p) so i will try help as much as i can take it easy and remember UNPLUG....

TECH TIM
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
hey didnt see third reply oh well keep info for future you will need it he he

Toolman
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey thanks for that , I dont usually fiddle with domestic one and they really make them so they cant be fiddled with so much now , I guess a bit like cars and there bells and whistles . I wont be touching this F & P they can take it back and get me a new one.

TECH TIM
09-02-2009, 09:06 AM
ha ha thats theway let them do it every thin is srap and not made to last these days

audiun
07-02-2010, 02:21 AM
hi there I have the same fridge but i'm changing the compressor to a dc danfoss. Do you have a picture of the suction and discharge and oil lines for the fridge as i've mixed em up once the old compressor was removed