PDA

View Full Version : temperature differential condenser

firmanardha
30-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi..

how to determine Temperature Differential (TD) between Condensing temp and ambient temp, if any standard please share :D it..

Thank
firmanardha

davidlleida
30-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi firmanardha,
I don't if you ar refffering to this, but air condenser normally use a stantard TD of 15 º
EC also depend of wet bulb temperature.
But you have to be carefull because the condenser you need to choose also depends of more factors.
- refrigerant
- altitude
-Ambient temperature
-real needs of condenser refrigeration and electrical power consume of compressor)
- liquid subcooling desired
You can get more information in condenser providers (if they are Eurovent certified is always a good choice)
I hope this will help you

nicolacozma
30-01-2009, 09:20 PM
From practical point of view 10 - 20 degree is a normal range for TD.

US Iceman
31-01-2009, 01:06 AM
The temperature difference can depend on your location. If the dry bulb temperature is very high and you use a large TD the discharge pressure will be too high.

firmanardha
31-01-2009, 02:16 AM
Hi there...
when I can get reference for standard to determine temperature differential for condenser

kenbarls
02-03-2011, 11:36 AM
What tools will need to get the temperature of differential condenser?

mbc
02-03-2011, 05:53 PM
you do not need any especial tools just you need manometer and high pressure switch .
to adjust high pressure switch I do this way.
average temperature in summer time+12 , pressure switch comes on and at +7 c goes off ( fans)
and it works when compressor is working and pressure switch is on. and during off time of compressor it not working if your outside is more than your setting and in winter time you have stable pressure ( in more 1 fans I use 2 high pressure switch to save power and stable pressure in winter.(where I live difference temperature summer and winter is about 50c)

Magoo
03-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Generally called the approach temperature, I normally design around a 10 'C approach for the highest average summer ambient temperature.
Which means that I can get air on to condenser at +30'C and expect a condensing temperature of +40'C max.
If approach is to high the system will get to HP fault temperatures, stress the compressor and draw overcurrent.
hope this helps.

mickel
04-03-2011, 12:32 PM
temperature difference of evaporator coil
the temperature difference of an evaporator coil is supposed to be 15 degrees F. you measure only 5 degrees F. all operating pressures check out normally and so does the superheat and subcooling. what is wrong?

a. the superheat measurement you took must be off

b. the ambient temperture is excessive

c. the humidit level is low

d. the humidity level is high