PDA

View Full Version : Daikin ESP Settings

bluey_lewis
30-01-2009, 01:21 AM
My brouche on my units, say it as ESP Settings? Settings are STD/HI, What does the mean again, and how do i change it?

frank
30-01-2009, 01:28 PM
ESP stands for External Static Pressure. On ducted systems, the airflow produced by the fan has to overcome the resistance of the ductwork, which causes a 'drag' on the airstream. If you put too much ductwork onto a fan system (ducted unit, inline fan, air handling unit etc) then you can create more resistance than the fan is designed to work against.

As resistance goes up, air flow goes down.

The STD (standard) setting on your unit will relate to a lower ESP range, say, upto 90pa, whereas the HI (higher) setting will relate to an ESP maybe upto 120pa.

You need to determine exactly the amount of resistance your ductwork is creating and then look on the graph that is in the manual to see which setting you should use.

The 2 settings will apply different voltages to the fan to increase/decrease the speed to handle the resistance.

I would not recommend adjusting the setting (you normally have to change the wiring on a terminal block) if you are not able to determine the actual resistance of your system.

If you use the HI setting with a low ESP you may cause the fan to overheat, draw excessive current or burn out.