PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic cs-e24ekrs air con stoped working

Sp4nKy
29-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Hey everyone been hot in Melbourne past 2 days. We had the air con on all day yesterday and last night it just stoped working.
I have checked for error codes and it cant find any. At the moment if the power is on the ION, power, S.A.B lights flash really dim every 2 or 3 seconds.
It also look like its on (air vents opened still) Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers Sp4nKy

stefs_cruiser
04-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Short in the evaporator fan motor.....

Well that is my guess

nike123
04-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey everyone been hot in Melbourne past 2 days. We had the air con on all day yesterday and last night it just stoped working.
I have checked for error codes and it cant find any. At the moment if the power is on the ION, power, S.A.B lights flash really dim every 2 or 3 seconds.
It also look like its on (air vents opened still) Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers Sp4nKy

To fund the fault code
Ensure power is on at the unit and point the remote controller at it so a signal can be received
For single systems (CSE and CSXE) press the CHECK button for more than 5 seconds
For Multi systems (CSME) press the Timer Setting Up Arrow for more than five seconds
H11 will appear on the Remote Control Display - this indicates that Interrogate Mode is Operational
Use the Timer Setting Up and Down Arrows to scroll between fault codes until four beeps are heard - this shows the Fault Code

rude
04-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Unit has to be off at the remote to perform the check operation.

My guess would be fan motor as well

paul_h
04-02-2009, 12:02 PM
If it's fan motor lock error, doesn't the pana shut shop? ie turn everthing off and close the louvre?

His description of the louvres staying open isn't a fan motor problem only to my mind.

OP, you'll just have to call warranty I guess. They're the only ones that can help you for free. It seems like something that isn't an easily recognizable symptom, and of course even if we guessed right, it doesn't mean your a/c will start working or you could fix it yourself anyway

stefs_cruiser
04-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Pana fixed speed units typically shut down with fanmotor problems.

Inverters have an error code for locked fan condition. (H19)

But when the fan motor is faulty and drawing to much current, it causes a voltage drop, and the light will keep dimming.
No faults codes are stored as the micro is not fully functionng.....

But it is best to call an Authorised repairer and get it looked at.

Let us know what it was please....

paul_h
04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Pana fixed speed units typically shut down with fanmotor problems.

Inverters have an error code for locked fan condition. (H19)

But when the fan motor is faulty and drawing to much current, it causes a voltage drop, and the light will keep dimming.
No faults codes are stored as the micro is not fully functionng.....
Thanks for that, I don't think I've seen an inverter with an indoor fan motor problem before, I thought they behaved the same as the old one in this regard.

Sp4nKy
05-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Had about 6 professionals here having a look at everything, they were on the phone to Panasonic just before so hopefully they have worked it out now. Will post later to see what has happened to it/if its worth fixing.

icemakerman
05-02-2009, 09:47 AM
with high power demands in victoria would suspect damage to unit from "brown out" if so would not br covered by warranty ...would be insurance if u have fusion cover ....slightly of subject oes anyone lnow if cscu12 inverter is plug in or hard wired???

stefs_cruiser
05-02-2009, 09:53 AM
:off topic:But do you know the series?
Earlier ones were plug in, later ones are power to the outdoor unit i.e. hard wired.

Makanic
05-02-2009, 11:53 AM
hEY hEY
cHEck the voltage supply..
Isolator switch? doggie?
Voltage drop can & will do This...seen it before...
We have the best electricain's in the world in Victoria LOL