PDA

View Full Version : Strange Hotpoint fault ????

brian m w
28-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Went out to look at a hotpoint ff80n, stripping it down found it on a cycle and evap nicley frosted evenly. The problem was that it is not getting down to temp. I know the gas and compressor side are ok. Checked the thermistors and they was fine so replaced the pcb, new one came with a mod kit including fridge thermistor. done that and went away feeling happy. Day later and still the same son both freezer thermistors have now been replaced and still the same:eek: heater side is fine, no over icing

Any ideas??????

tonto33
28-01-2009, 11:15 PM
yeah it a hotpoint lol have u checked baffle is working fine

brian m w
29-01-2009, 08:01 AM
yeh its the fridge and freezer thats at fault, every thing works it just turns its self of too soon, this ones got me

paul_h
29-01-2009, 02:47 PM
So it's definitely cycling the compressor without getting down to temp?
Sure it's turning off on thermostat and not overload?
could be faulty overload, relay, compressor windings or capacitor (if fitted). See if there's still power to the compressor when it cycles off, and measure the windings, capacitor, and run amps and compare them to spec if possible.
edit: Just a suggestion as I know SFO about hotpoint but you've replace the thermistors and PCB, what else can it be?.

petercool
26-02-2009, 09:40 PM
check the cooling fan on condensor, air flows in from the right hand side standing position in font of the appliance at the botom grill and blows out on the left ,poor air flow then the comp will cylce on its overload ptc device , hope this helps