PDA

View Full Version : star/delta to part wind

sexysouthwest
27-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi all,
I am hoping someone can help me i have a frescold v1571 which is star/delta and i have been given a replacement which is part wind i have been told that all i need to do is do away with the start contactor and change the timer between the star and delta contactor to less than one sec. Is it really that easy and has anyone done it. Also what delay timer will i need for the 2 contactors.
Hoping someone can help!!

RON LLOYD
27-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi all,
I am hoping someone can help me i have a frescold v1571 which is star/delta and i have been given a replacement which is part wind i have been told that all i need to do is do away with the start contactor and change the timer between the star and delta contactor to less than one sec. Is it really that easy and has anyone done it. Also what delay timer will i need for the 2 contactors.
Hoping someone can help!!
Hi the time delay is 0.5 seconds but make sure the contactors are big enough, usually with part wind start the loading is bigger, otherwise its simple !

Quality
27-01-2009, 02:44 PM
If you go to the bitzer web site they got some really good diagrams for converting dtar delta to part wound start

Grizzly
27-01-2009, 06:23 PM
If you go to the bitzer web site they got some really good diagrams for converting dtar delta to part wound start

Good advise there quality.
As you will see SSW I have uploaded it for you!

Well Honiton verses Bridgwater EH!
With me in the middle at Taunton.
I know who Ron is! RESPECT!
A wealth of experience and spot on advise to boot!

SSW.
I don't recognises the Vans but I will keep my eye out for them whilst trawling the lanes!
Grizzly

sexysouthwest
27-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys for all your help,Much appreciated especially Grizzly and Ron, Thought Lloyds would know,Cheers.
From Richard Terry ACRE Services

Grizzly
27-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Welcome Richard.
Steve AKA Grizzly

Toosh
27-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi the time delay is 0.5 seconds but make sure the contactors are big enough, usually with part wind start the loading is bigger, otherwise its simple !

Hi Ron, I have converted one when I was in the Mid East I used a normally open contact on the first contactor to bring the other one online

Norm