PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!!...best material available

Lloyd Dias
26-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I need help wit my project....can someone please tell me which plastic sheet or any other material that i can use which wont allow moisture 2 condense on the back side......there will b pipes carrying chilled water on one side.... please help me....

Brian_UK
26-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Whatever the product is, plastic or metal, it will need some form of insulation to reduce the possibility of condensation.

The dew point temperature of the air also has an important bearing on the outcome.

Lloyd Dias
28-01-2009, 06:30 PM
m having probs selecting the material for the pipes now..... at first i had decided 2 put pvc pipes but since they dont conduct well i have decided 2 change it..... now i have decided 2 use the flexible pipes which r used in aquariums for oxygen.... can anyone please suggest what type of pipes i should use.... the pipes should b able 2 absorb the moisture from d air wen chilled water passes through them....the oom temp here is around 27 deg Celcius

Brian_UK
28-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Before we go any further....

What is it you are working on or designing.

Pipes are not designed to absorb moisture, it goes against their very being.

Lloyd Dias
30-01-2009, 06:02 PM
m trying 2 make a dehumidifier which can dehumidify & cool the room also at the same time....
i will b using a water cooler to pass chilled water through pipes which will b arranged on a sheet in lines... my theory is tht the water vapour from the air will condense on the pipes because of the chilled water passing through it... and as the fan in the room will be switched on, the breeze from the fan will come in contact the pipes and in turn get cooled....hence cooling the room..

chillerman2006
07-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Why not try split A/C this cools and removes moisture

nike123
08-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I need help wit my project....can someone please tell me which plastic sheet or any other material that i can use which wont allow moisture 2 condense on the back side......there will b pipes carrying chilled water on one side.... please help me....

I don't know size of that but it comes to my mind that you could heat that heat exchanger in some oven and than place it gently and to some depth at Styrofoam while hot.

Tesla
09-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Hi Lloyd Dias
Position the cooling/dehumidifying coil high in the room - this is where more moisture/heat is. you could use a number of insulating materials which may be porous, such as we often use armaflex (rubber foam) with a foil lining for a vapour seal. But of course you could improvise and use insulating material that was available and seal the backside of it with something waterproof even paint. Depending on what quality of insulator dictates the thicknesss of material needed, available in many books, tables, and web.