PDA

View Full Version : What have I done wrong ?

fridge doctor
24-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for re-posting this - I can't seem to delete the ptc post...
I have been to Daewoo american style side by side fr/frz. the compressor had failed. I found the spec of the Daewoo comp on the internet, it was LBP, RSCR, 10cc, R134a. From my local shop I got the best replacement I could. A 'Unite Hermetique LBP, CSIR with 12cc displacement (I always like to over engineer whenever space permits). Anyway, I have fitted it, vacced it charged it and run it. And I am not happy with it at all. I stayed with it for maybe 45 minsafter starting up, and during that time it tripped on the klixon several times, staying off about two minutes each time (manual type klixon). This to me indicates that it is going off on current rather than pot temperature, but I can't think why. The only thing that crosses my mind is the pipe size differences. In the case of the discharge the new pot has a 1/4" stup, and my system pipe is 3/16", and the same on the suction side. Pot 5/16", pipe actual 1/4". So is this causing a restriction to the point where the compressor can't get the compressed refrigerant out of the chamber fast enough, and the motor doesn't like it... ? It's all I can think of. Your comments would be really appreciated, many thanks.
Trevor

nike123
24-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for re-posting this - I can't seem to delete the ptc post...
I have been to Daewoo american style side by side fr/frz. the compressor had failed. I found the spec of the Daewoo comp on the internet, it was LBP, RSCR, 10cc, R134a. From my local shop I got the best replacement I could. A 'Unite Hermetique LBP, CSIR with 12cc displacement (I always like to over engineer whenever space permits). Anyway, I have fitted it, vacced it charged it and run it. And I am not happy with it at all. I stayed with it for maybe 45 minsafter starting up, and during that time it tripped on the klixon several times, staying off about two minutes each time (manual type klixon). This to me indicates that it is going off on current rather than pot temperature, but I can't think why. The only thing that crosses my mind is the pipe size differences. In the case of the discharge the new pot has a 1/4" stup, and my system pipe is 3/16", and the same on the suction side. Pot 5/16", pipe actual 1/4". So is this causing a restriction to the point where the compressor can't get the compressed refrigerant out of the chamber fast enough, and the motor doesn't like it... ? It's all I can think of. Your comments would be really appreciated, many thanks.
Trevor

You installed compressor with higher displacement and expect to behave same as old one, in same system, with originally smaller displacement! Isn't something wrong to you in that logic?:rolleyes:
Don't you think that it is "over engineered" little to much! Now, with that "over engineering" you have unmatched evaporator, capillary tube, condenser, etc... for that flow of refrigerant in system with critically matched components and charge, and you are asking why is it not working perfectly.

Buy and install new compressor with same motor power as original one, same displacement as original one and same RPM as old one and all your problems related to compressor will disappear.