PDA

View Full Version : LG the trail of faulty probes

Chris2005
23-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi all

we are having trouble with 2 x 7kw lg uu24ueb heat pumps R410a that we fitted a couple of years ago which i have previously posted on which have never worked right.

Firstly it was ch33 which turn out that another board had to be installed on both outdoor units for fan speed control.

Then it was ch45 outdoor probes faulty

But this year with the weather being cold and the units are having to work.

Its been ch06 indoor pipe outlet sensor which took four weeks for us to get.

while that unit was broken and waiting for indoor probes the other unit went off on ch48, we had them probes in stock from when we had to change the outdoor board.

So we finally got probes for ch06 problem got the probe fitted the next day customer on the phone this unit is off again ch45 this time. so gets new probes put in runs o.k for 2 days off again ch45.

Phoned LG technical and they told me its the constant changes in temperature getting hot and cold cracks the probes and allows moisture to enter, and these units are not for comercial use.
LG technicals cure for this problem was to use sealant or heat transfer paste around the probe to try and prevent this happening in the future.

How do all the other manufacturers get around this problem.

Ever since these units were installed as soon as the cold weather arrives the units break down ,

We have fitted plenty of LG units and never had problems like this, Its just these two units which have never worked right from new and had to get different boards installed on the outdoor units because of ch33 fault.

The customer is really ****ed off .

L* Life is not good

Thanks chris

back2space
23-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Typical LG deny the problem exists with their stuff. Put sealant round the probe? WHys that your job to do they should be designed for that and if thats what it needs then they should have this applied at the factory.

Is the customer using it in a commercial environment? Would the fact they are using a "domestic unit" in a commercial environment be affecting it?

All units should be designed the same way however commercial units have better quality materials for the outside casing etc.

Go back to LG and kick off, they shouldnt be telling u to put sealant on them that is the job of their design department who should have taken the effect of cooling and heating into account when designing the "cheap" equipment!

I have LG so I completly understand the customer they are useless at LG.

hendrag
29-01-2009, 12:56 PM
hello who told you to put sealant round the probes. please advise me either in this forum or in a private message. My job is to insure that the tech support provided by LG is top class, if someone is letting the side down i will kick arse. i look forward to your comments oh and as a passing comment some of the diagnosis youve listed above is total crap i am very interested to hear who is giving this advise out. the unit you have is a commercial system like that makes any difference and will happily cope in whatever weather the UK can throw at it.

regards

Graham Hendra
General manager LGEUK

paul_h
29-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Nice of you to show up hendrag. Maybe instead of wanting to kick the arse of some poor guy, you could maybe try post actual help for all the people here trying to get their LGs working :D

I'd love to link them for you, but it's also your fault that r-e.com has a minimum of 4 chars in the search and "LG" is only 2 char :o
Seriously, there's a lot of lost LG customers here without answers that need help, hope to see you posting advice more.

Chris2005
30-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Hi hendrag

All the information I mentioned is the truth I thought it was a right load of CRAP myself when it was told to me and it is not my job to start getting people in YOUR office in trouble about information they are giving customers.
(while you are in the background on another phone line).

At the min your spares are a joke four weeks to get probes for ch06 fault.
Got that fixed and the unit went off the next day with ch45 fault.

Changed the probes for ch45 which worked for one day then off again same fault ( probes are showing correct resistance from Lg chart) .
Then i was advised by your team it is most likely the outdoor board Faulty.

This was ordered which is going to take ten days to get because we are told that you have problems with a new computer ordering system which is not working right connecting to holland (same excuse i got about the ch06 probe).

Hendrag If anybody has a right to complain or kick arse it is the poor customer who is having to suffer in there shop over the coldest time of the year waiting to receive parts for there LG air conditioning which were sent out from day one giving problems and had to have another extra board fitted to outdoor unit with (CH33 Fault).

Regards

Chris

Husky250
30-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Hi all

we are having trouble with 2 x 7kw lg uu24ueb heat pumps R410a that we fitted a couple of years ago which i have previously posted on which have never worked right.

Firstly it was ch33 which turn out that another board had to be installed on both outdoor units for fan speed control.

Then it was ch45 outdoor probes faulty

But this year with the weather being cold and the units are having to work.

Its been ch06 indoor pipe outlet sensor which took four weeks for us to get.

while that unit was broken and waiting for indoor probes the other unit went off on ch48, we had them probes in stock from when we had to change the outdoor board.

So we finally got probes for ch06 problem got the probe fitted the next day customer on the phone this unit is off again ch45 this time. so gets new probes put in runs o.k for 2 days off again ch45.

The customer is really ****ed off .

Any ideas

Thanks chris

Hi Chris,

It seems you experienced quite a few thermistor faults. Did you check resistance before pulling the thermistor out?

Regards,
Mark

l'robot
30-01-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm pleased that I do not work for a company that thinks management is about "kicking arse"!
Also it is interesting that Hendrag job is in insurance, and not as "General Manager" as he states that he is there to insure??
Looking from the outside my impression is that LG have no customer focus, and the staff need guidance and training not a beating, or is that the Korean way?
Back to the subject, there seems to be a lot of swapping components without going back to the fundamentals and relying on error code electronics. The error codes usually only state one problem at a time. So investigation is usually required.
It is unusual for thermistor to go down on a newish unit, do you have these available to measure the resistance?
I also thought that LG in the UK had a distributor base that carried spares. LG have a training facility did they not have any spares that could be used if it was urgent?
It comes back to communication, information and customer focus.

back2space
01-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Nice of you to show up hendrag. Maybe instead of wanting to kick the arse of some poor guy, you could maybe try post actual help for all the people here trying to get their LGs working :D

I'd love to link them for you, but it's also your fault that r-e.com has a minimum of 4 chars in the search and "LG" is only 2 char :o
Seriously, there's a lot of lost LG customers here without answers that need help, hope to see you posting advice more.

Paul my post is here: http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16472

@ Hendrag I have also sent emails to you in the past about faults with my system, it seems the end user is never believed despite having a good knowledge of what they are talking about.

It has taken me nearlly 8 months to get my system sorted with remote sensors for my convertable units. I was told at first by installer that LG had tested a remote sensor on the same set up as my unit and it worked, then was told to wait for the parts. Then again it turns out after speaking to LG they said the part number PQRSTA-0 (remote sensor) would fit any unit and just replaces the return air thermister (despite being under the VRV section and applied to cassettes and ducted... after hearing this I assumed simple thing to do was to order sensors and get them fitted.

After being quoted £40 by several of your distributers for each sensor I ended up dealing with LG comfort cooling who have been helpful from the start to finish they quoted £18 per sensor... much more reasonable!

After receiving these and arranging for them to be fitted, they didnt fit, wasnt just simple unplug existing sensor! had to remove the plug at the end and mess around with existing plug to get it fitted. But then this didnt work so have had to just extend the existing sensor using the cable provided with the remote sensor. So I have paid for a posh box and cable for nothing really.

Better knowledge of the systems by tech support who dont make you feel like you shouldnt be phoning them.

Weather im an end user or installer etc I should still be treated same I am still a customer and user of equipment and technical support should be offered. I work in air con on the facilities management side so although I may not be an installer or distributer of LG im an end user at home.

Engineers too busy sometimes to help with every question asked!

back2space
01-02-2009, 10:02 PM
And again if anyone requires spares please deal with LG Comfort COoling, best company I have dealt with in a while, very friendly, always return phone calls and are there for technical support!

Chris2005
03-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Where has hendrag gone

I hope he is away tracking my order or fixing his ordering system.

Ah well we will look on the bright side it will soon be summer,

And I dont think the customer will be needing the air con on cold as they will be still thawing out after the winter

back2space
03-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Typical no response from LG!

Kh1971
04-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Hi all,

I have also many problem with the same Brand( no need to mentione the names) in one project I change 23 compressors and the people from LG was working with us not beliving that finaly I checked all the pipe and we found that they have problem in the factory not cleaning and flushing well after brasing. It is matter of Quality control, once people in such big company goes down in there prices they never thing after that we the result well be

Thanks for understanding

RedEye
04-02-2009, 01:21 PM
He probably can't walk after all that kicking!!

Chris2005
05-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Still no parts they should have been here tommorow but I phoned supplier today to check up on the order .

They say Now its going to be some day next week before we get the part .

What a nightmare !!

They shop keeper is pulling her hair out with anger:mad:.

But I think she should go easy on the hair its the only thing keeping her warm at the minute.

I wish Hendrag would hurry up and kick some arse and get some parts sent out........

p_p
05-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm sure he will after he's finished having his own arse kicked!!!

PP:D

nh3wizard
05-02-2009, 07:20 PM
How many days will it take for hendrag to get back?

back2space
06-02-2009, 02:50 AM
User Mac1 on the forum is also a tech support engineer at LG.

AbsoluteWDJ
15-02-2009, 06:19 PM
If I need infomation on LG systems i'll call a company called Hawco refrigeration. They supply spares as well.