PDA

View Full Version : Daikin R22 - Identification help

Greengrocer
22-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi Guys (& girls).
We have a Daikin VRV project to look at. The following outdoor units are listed:-

1 x Function unit BR3KJV1
1 x RXY10K7W1 Inverter
1 x RNK10K7W1 Fixed speed
1 x RNK10K7W1 Fixed speed

All serving ducted fan coil units. Collectively the outoors are refrenced as an REY30 combination.
As far as we can tell (without yet visiting site) this is an R22 system circa 2000.

Question is, is it 2 or 3 pipe system? Don't have any data going back that far.

Nice job if we can get it. Apaparently all 3 systems ( 43 indoor ducted units) have been loosing compresssors hand over fist & currently cannot provide any heating.
Virgin R22 will be phased out at the end of this year so patching the systems (min £50K) up is not worth it. So it's a rip out an new install I reckon. A months work at best and probably all out of hours.
I'm away on leave so can't get hold of Daikin Tech dept until next week but since I have the power of the RE community and a laptop I can do some work out of hours (providing the "her in doors" doesn't find out).:confused:
Any help with the above would be appreciated.

multisync
22-01-2009, 08:17 PM
It's a K-Plus almost certainly 3 pipe full heat recovery.
3x outdoor units =
2 x fixed speed
1 x with inverter
1x 'function box'

These systems are rather complex and not for the feint hearted.
Don't know where on earth you get 50k to fix btw

Greengrocer
22-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks Multisync. There are 3 of these systems (9 x outdoors). The £50K was quoted by others - haven't seen the site yet. Visiting next week.
Given the R22 situation, reliability issues and that this is a 10 year old system it's debatable whether it's worth spending too much on it. At the end of the day the client will decide. Personally with R22 on it's way out it's a no brainer. New 410a system would be more efficient & cost less to run + ECA tax rebates. Question is whether the client has any money in the budget to do the work?

brunstar
25-01-2009, 06:28 PM
yeah i would get rid of it rather than repair it as it will only be a short fix if they do go ahead and fix it.

If they have 9 outdoors, why don't you suggest to replace it in stages if they are short of cash..

chrisboy27
28-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I would suggest getting rid too.

We have just spent 1.2million on getting rid of those system,I was forever changing compressors and inverter boards at a £1000 a shot.