PDA

View Full Version : Worcester Bosch Air to Air Heat Pumps

S_Line
20-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Has anyone any experience with them.

We installed one a few weeks back for a customer.

We were suprised to get 80 degrees Off the inside coil ( Air Temp )

These unit are aimed at heating houses, with the intention being Heating as the no1 selling point.

Cooling is a added extra in the Summer.

Back door into the Domestic Market ?
Who knows ;)

nicolacozma
20-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi,

What type of refrigerant are using? Sorry but 80 degree air temperature (supply air temp) is too much.

Can you give more characteristics?

Regards

RedEye
20-01-2009, 03:03 PM
80 degree c air off?? This would melt the plastic.

Thermatech
20-01-2009, 08:14 PM
If thats 80 deg C off coil air temp then we could expect discharge pressure of arround 50 bar or arround 700 psi on R410a.:eek:

Tip

Do not connect your manifold gauges to the system in heating mode.:D

S_Line
21-01-2009, 08:51 AM
well thats what i cant work out, im just going by what the engineer tod me. They are 410A

COuld they have been designed as Firstly a Air to air Heat pump and then a Cooling unit 2nd ?

THese units are marketing the domestic market, and are aimed at heating a Bungalow ! ( and they do ! )

Like i say, we dont supply them we just send a engineer to conect the refrigeration side, pressure test and vac, and commission.

I just wondered if anyone else on here has installed any ?

Argus
21-01-2009, 11:37 AM

Looking at W-B's web site they offer a bog-standard tin-and-wind split, probably made in the Far East and badged for W-B because they are not primarily A/C manufacturers.

80 degrees C is unrealistic for a small split like that. High discharge temperatures would probably shut it down and throw a fault.

So it could either Fahrenheit he's measuring or his thermometer's a dud.

(...........I'm ruling out non--condensibles in the system..... or should I.....? .......... Nah, it would have clapped out by now..... )

nike123
21-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Check your thermometer again! If you measure again that temperature, make sure that everyone in house is evacuated and call bomb squad. That is at least 60 Bar of pressure inside AC.:eek:

Brian_UK
21-01-2009, 10:06 PM
As said above, is it in Fahrenheit or is there an electric heater in there as well ?