PDA

View Full Version : Is my fridge broken?

oriches
19-01-2009, 09:27 PM
I have Zanussi ZI 718/8 integrated fridge and the interior back wall has a warm patch in the middle bottom since yesterday. The upper section is still cold but the general fridge temperature has risen.

Does this mean it's broken and needs replacing?

Cheers in advance

Ollie

taz24
19-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I have Zanussi ZI 718/8 integrated fridge and the interior back wall has a warm patch in the middle bottom since yesterday. The upper section is still cold but the general fridge temperature has risen.

Does this mean it's broken and needs replacing?

Cheers in advance

Ollie

At the moment that question is almost imposible to answer.

If the fridge is not as cold and you feel hot spots then it could be faulty but that does not mean that it has to be replaced.

If it fails and you need someone to look at it it would cost somthing like £30 to £50 to find the problem and the repair could cost anything from that initial £30 / £50 cost to over a hundred ££'s.

You will not know unless you get sombody to look at it. It depends on how much you think the fridge is worth. To replace a built in fridge you could spend anything from £100 to £300.

Let the thing run and see if it gets worse.

Cheers taz.

oriches
19-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the info, it looks like the problem is only related to the bottom half of the fridge section (it's a fridge freezer) - meat's going off within 3 days...

Cost wise the replacement model from Zanussi is coming in at approx £450 retail.

I'm going to see what happens over night and call a few people in the morning.

Can recommend a fridge engineer in the north London area?

Thanks for the reply.

Ollie Riches

Toosh
20-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the info, it looks like the problem is only related to the bottom half of the fridge section (it's a fridge freezer) - meat's going off within 3 days...

Cost wise the replacement model from Zanussi is coming in at approx £450 retail.

Thanks for the reply.

Ollie Riches

Hi Ollie Try this site

http://www.zanussi.co.uk/

Norm

Toosh
20-01-2009, 12:33 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Riches

Hi Oriches Try this site

http://www.zanussi.co.uk/

Norm

brian m w
24-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Has it gota fast freeze switch/ low ambiant???
Simple but some machines a heater built in the fridge to help the tick over in winter.
Although it is a built in fridge freezer it was most likley designed as a free standing unit.