PDA

View Full Version : Air distance

R1976
19-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi,

I have to put ac in a room which has plasterboard everywhere and only one wall is useable as the room is curved. the length is 9m and I'm a bit concerned about the ability of the unit to move the air that far. The ceiling is 3.5m high so I can mount the unit a bit higher than normal which may help. Does anyone have any experience of a similar situation or any ideas?

Regards

Brian_UK
19-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Do you have to use a wall unit or can you fit a cassette into the ceiling?

beagle
19-01-2009, 07:23 PM
If you have to use a wall mount there are a couple of options out there that have increased air throw over standard wall mounts, even those aren't even close to 9m though.

R1976
19-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the replies.

The ceiling is plasterboard so cassette not really an option. Daikin ceiling suspended cassette may fit but pipes would have to have trunking on ceiling and we'd have to cut out boards to find fixings as I believe its purlins and a tin roof above. Even if we cut above the unit we might not get a fixing and that would be a disaster:eek:.

If I put a 10kW unit in then it should have a considerable air flow and the heat will migrate across the room to the colder area.

wilsoncheung
21-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi,

I have to put ac in a room which has plasterboard everywhere and only one wall is useable as the room is curved. the length is 9m and I'm a bit concerned about the ability of the unit to move the air that far. The ceiling is 3.5m high so I can mount the unit a bit higher than normal which may help. Does anyone have any experience of a similar situation or any ideas?

Regards

You can use CFD tools to do numerical calculation and adjust the location of the AC. It would be helpful.

Greengrocer
22-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Under ceiling one way blow will do 8-9m. Check manfacturer data to be sure but Daikin, Mitsi, MHI, Tosh or Hitachi should be OK. Hi Walls do 4-5m at best.

R1976
22-01-2009, 09:15 PM
greengrocer,

I thought of this but I can't hang unit, ceiling is plasterboard mf type somehow fixed to purlins above.

Spoke to Mitsubishi Electric supplier and they reckon that a 10kW wall mount has a distance of 8m, so I'll probably go down this route.

nike123
22-01-2009, 09:24 PM
greengrocer,

I thought of this but I can't hang unit, ceiling is plasterboard mf type somehow fixed to purlins above.

Spoke to Mitsubishi Electric supplier and they reckon that a 10kW wall mount has a distance of 8m, so I'll probably go down this route.

Check one of Fujitsu ceiling/wall units named Nocria as this one (http://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/products/14/108/194/awtz24lbc/). It has good air throw.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3216940041_c2cfb730fa_b_d.jpg

Scramjetman
23-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Just watch your noise levels. The further you throw, the higher the air speed required at the outlet and the higher the noise is going to be.

R1976
23-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the replies, I like the Fujitsu diagram.

Looked in Mitsubishi book and found that a 10kW wall mount on low fan is almost as powerful as ceiling suspended on full fan power (m/s), which surprised me. I think this unit is okay.:cool: