PDA

View Full Version : Glass doors for low Temps in superM.

jg/oz
01-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Friends,
Anybody any guide in this subject, am looking for tech data as to how
efficient these doors are, energy use, is there a variable control which supplies energy when required ( eg after opening door) ,how much energy is waisted with glassdoor etc etc. Anybody ???

Tech Info seems hard to get and more an more SuperM change over to vertical glass-door reach in cabinets ( actually sophisticated freesers)
jg/oz

Bones
01-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Vaccum sealed glass doors imo should be the most cost effective... as a vaccum should be the purfect insulation. The door would be but a small part of the entire problem, as people opening and closing the door allday everyday... perhaps doors with heaters would be the go.

They would all have there +/- as a vaccum slealed door can loose its vaccum and door heaters and die...

But i also would be interested if anyone has some technical information. Or a practacality report :)

chemi-cool
01-04-2004, 04:47 PM
hi jg/os,

efficiency of glass doors for freezers and fridges is measured by xxxKwatt/year.

that information should be given by the manufacturer.
because ( I think) there is not yet a maximum number for the xxx, the day is not far when manufacturers will be forced to write that information on the freezer details lable.

a "good" glass door should be 380Kwatt/year and lower.

chemi :)

jg/oz
01-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Friend,
Just a question.
What do you mean by 380 K watt/year
Is this for chilled ? Freezer Temp ?
Incl heaters , what size of doors
or just a general observation.
Any idea of where to look for such info
website ???

Working on a supermarket set up with 36 doors (vertical)
18 each side-standard doors Freezer type and would like to know
difference in 2 and tripple glaze and electric heater input per year
and k value of door inserts. ??
Any help

jg/iz

chemi-cool
01-04-2004, 09:10 PM
I've been looking in many websites for this information.

its not completly clear but make sense.
it seems that it is per square meter and it does not matter how the door made ie if the door has triple glass it will be lower.

it just like it says, 380 KW per year of electricity consumption.
door heaters are working constantly so its easy to chedk with amp meter.
try to ask this question the cabinet/ freezes designer. they must have the answers because its an important factor.

its interesting way of looking at things you have. how did you come to this idea?

when you find more information outside RE, please post them here.
I'm getting curiouse.

chemi