PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo VRF system and supplemental heat

Camenisch
15-01-2009, 10:43 PM
I have a Sanyo 12 ton VRF system and 6 U model concealed duct low static indoor units. I added the electric heat strips and have them hooked up to the option plug on the indoor units. It does activate my 12v relay as predicted but the problem is the heat strips sail switches will not make with the low static units. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase my fan speed in the heating mode.

:)

whitetail67
22-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Camenisch,

Th Sanyo "U" models I have seen come with a connector for increasing duct static. Sounds like your big issue is overcoming the low low speed that Sanyo maintains in heat mode until the indoor coil warms up which they refer to as Standby mode. Wonder what would happen if you take the fan wire from low low and incorporate it into low or even medium speed winding of the motor? Only bad thing is you would get that first intial cold air blast until the indoor coil warmed. Also, the other problem would be when the condition in the space is satisfied you would then be blowing cold air into the space. I guess better not to redesign this system other then how the manufacturer states.

techguy
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Guys,

the new u type fan coil can be set to high static setting through the detailled setting data for the indoor eeprom.

To access this please see the attached doc. Change code 5d to 0003. to achieve high static.

To over come the low low speed problem Please set code 05 to 05 this will ensure mimimum low speed duiring heat thermostat off .

Regards
T

techguy
02-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Sorry guys can't send necessary data file is to big pvt message me and I will mail you from my company account