PDA

View Full Version : Copeland Glacier Scroll

Abe
29-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Need some help.Got a Copeland scroll.
Model ZF13K4E-TFD-551
Compressor has a third port....on about same level as the LP side. its smaller in size. Whats this for?

Also on the top of the compressor right in the middle there is a small hole. Is this for some unloader device?

Someone said these scrolls require liquid injection to keep the head cool. Is that third port , which should be fitted with a rotolock valve have anything to do with it??

Any help appreciated...

chemi-cool
29-03-2004, 08:03 PM
my dear friend.

lovely machine, 4hp 3610 w at -23.3C.

the port you mantioned is for the liquid injection and the top small hole, is for the temp. sensor.
it should be connected to the liquid line.
didnt they give you all the gear for that? it should be with the compressor as it is part of it!!!

go to this link and check it out http://www.ecopeland.com/prodcat.cfm?action=product&type=c&fam=3&ref=5&prod=410

any help?

you know how to reach me.

chemi :)

Abe
29-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks Chem, downloaded the drawings....liquid injection is a feature I have not used before. been in touch with wholesaler today, the liquid injection fitting was not supplied with the rotolock valves.

The temperature sensor did come with the compressor.....only my engineer was going to fit it to the suction line!!

So....next question......How the ****ens do I "effect" liquid injection cooling???? Where do I draw the cool refrigerant from??? Scroll compressors are something new we are starting to use.....hence our ignorance on the subject.

Abe
29-03-2004, 09:34 PM
And just one more thing.......

It says in bold above.......Aiyub.....Moderator, etc , etc........and......." generallly nice guy"

Dont you believe a word of it!!! ;)

chemi-cool
29-03-2004, 09:40 PM
after the the liquid reciever, install a T with a ball valve towards the compressor and connect it to the liquid injection unit.

get from copeland europe all the instructions for this compressor.

are you going to use R404A?

chemi

shogun7
29-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Aiyub
see if you can log on to this!
http://www.copeland-corp.com/americas/en_scroll/9.htm
Roger :D

Abe
30-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Shogun

The link was good....Thank you..