PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Noise..

rebels59
12-01-2009, 12:36 PM
I have a Whirlpool S20B RSB21-A/G.. For the past month there is sometimes a clicking moise coming from the rear of Fridge, BUT also i believe what ever the problem is , Is effecting the Cold water dispensor, As when i fill a glass , rather than a constant flow of water it hesitates VERY slightly every 2 seconds,, Gives the impression it has AIR in the system OR Low water Pressure,, BUT it is connected direct to the mains coming into the house on a T-off with the washing machine.. The clicking ONLY lasts for a minute , then everything is perfect,, it sounds as if the water is fulling up in the fridge But clicking as well ... IF i open the Fridge or Frezzer door, the clicking stops, Until i close the door or manually push the door latchs shut..
Not a problem as to anything working, But is annoying not knowing what is the cause..

Any Help is welcome..
Thanks

karl957
12-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I did see that fault on a Whirlpool fridge and at the time was told to replace the main pcb. I did not just want to do that without investigating the cause in more detail but never completed the repair due to me leaving that country. The relay on the pcb keeps energizing making the clicking noise and this was in South Africa. So I do not know exactly what the cause or solution is. I will be interested to find out.

tonto33
12-01-2009, 03:09 PM
change pcb, relay on pcb is clicking when using water dispencer is normal fault

rebels59
12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
OK, Is the pcb The PC Board or What,, Anyone have a Link to replace ( buy ) one,, And what is the cost of a pcb..??? and is it simple to change,,

I am a motor mechanic by trade,, So will probably change it myself,, Just need some links...

rebels59
12-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Here is a Better Description, As i have been doing a google search on these problems...........

The Water Dispensor Pulsates when in Use,,BUT if i open the Fridge Door, The water dispensor works Perfect,, The Clicking happens about every hour and only lasts for 20 Seconds..

So i resume it is the same fault, And i have read that it is possible to just change the Compasiters ( spell check ) Only, and is Much cheaper to do... Seems google sugests the Rear PCB..

Any Suggestions..????

tonto33
13-01-2009, 02:25 PM
correct rear board will get them but £60+vat

expat
14-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Neighbour had a similar prob with his whirlpool (don't know if it's the same model), eventually the comp would ony start intermitently and little things like the light flikering when he drew water.

We fixed it by replacing the condensers (1uF if I remember) on the main pcb at the back. There were four white retangular shaped ones in a row and they only cost pennies so it's worth a try.

Good luck.