PDA

View Full Version : hi guys

milton
28-03-2004, 07:55 PM
hi guys r134a to have long life? thank all :confused:

chemi-cool
28-03-2004, 09:15 PM
hi milton,

R-134a ,if charged into a clean vacumed system, will not get over heated and compressor will not burn. it will last for a very long time.

my fridge at home is over 20 years, never had any problem but runs on R-12.

chemi

baker
29-03-2004, 03:11 AM
hi guys r134a to have long life? thank all :confused:

Another good example of the ambiguity of the english language. Is Milton asking whether R134A is stable and will run in a system practically indefinately, or is he questioning the commercial viability of it?

All the evidence indicates that R134A is a stable compound and will last a very long time in a mechanical vapour recompression system if not subjected to contamination or over heating.

As to its commercial viability, that is far less certain. Europe will probably ban it from mobile use in a few years. The Greens want to get rid of all HFCs, or at least to make their use as expensive and difficult as possible.

The US shows no signs of falling out of love with HFCs. However, this could change if they have several very large natural disasters that are caused by global warming, and the Greens become more powerful.

Personally, I believe that any change will be gradual and we will have plenty of notice as to if R134A will go the way of R12.

iceman007
30-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi Milton

My fridge runs on R134a, lasted for ages, and never had a problem with it.

Latte
30-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Is R134 here to stay, OH YES ! :mad:

Just take a look at R404's components R143a,R125 & R134a

Now is it stable ?, well yes provising the rest of the system holds up.
Get a burnt out compressor on R134 and you will know about it but on the whole its OK until you get a leak

Regards

Raymond

FreezerGeezer
30-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi Rdocwra

As it happens, I do have a system with a possible burn out & R134a. (Compressor is D.T.E.). Can you expand on your comment a bit, in case there's anything I might have missed organising that job?
Thanks a lot! :) :o