PDA

View Full Version : largish freezer room

multisync
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
we are hoping to tender a 20 x 20 x 6 m freezer room and we would like to give the client something to contemplate.

So as it's a clean sheet operation we'd like to recommend things like (say)
screw compressors with inverters
floating head
heat recovery for water/underfloor heated by heat recovery
recommended insulation thickness?

etc etc

Anyone got any great ideas we can work on

Multisync
London

Brian_UK
09-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Good quality air lock type access, if you have the room for it.

For your own benefit - design it around the need for maintenance.

multisync
09-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Good quality air lock type access, if you have the room for it.

Care to expand on the first one and the reasons why?

Brian_UK
09-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I suppose 'air lock' may be overkill but thinking of keeping the inside air in and the outside out.

It all helps to maintain conditions and can hold down running costs if you're not losing temperature through the access points.

The design depends of course on whether you need vehicle access or not

US Iceman
09-01-2009, 11:45 PM

Absolutely right.

Sooner or later this will need service.

The air infiltration through the doors can be huge. Anything you can do to limit this might allow you to reduce the total installed refrigeration capacity.

Scramjetman
10-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Internal Dehumidifiers work well at keeping down the frost buildup. These a company here in Queensland who are using cascade CO2 systems in large low temp rooms which are high power, low energy and are getting good results. If you want to know more I'll shoot over the contact details.

multisync
13-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Would we be able to use a Daikin convipak thingy ?

smpsmp45
14-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Dear Scramjetman

Can you post more details on that pl.

Scramjetman
16-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Contact me at richard@enviroenergysys.com and I'll forward the info you need.

multisync
17-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Okay, been to site -roughly 3500 sq ft of freezer.We now are trying to find out about inverters and electronic valves and controls etc. However this seems slightly out of the range of the std wholesalers

I guess we are after 'supermarket' level of kit and control. So we need suggestions as to where/who we should contact for the whole refrigeration 'pack'

US Iceman
17-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I guess we are after 'supermarket' level of kit and control.

You are getting into an area where a highly specialized factory supplied system is required or one that is custom engineered and built from individual components by someone other than a manufacturer (a contractor perhaps?).

old gas bottle
17-02-2009, 06:09 PM
artic circle down hereford,or accross to you :D they were developing there own inverter semi,s a few years ago so i would hope there ready for sale by now,there bussiness in building custom packs ;)but you will be a lucky chap if you can price on what you want to in this climate,best of luck;) ,

multisync
17-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Of course price is an issue but as the customer spends 2.5k per month on leccy at just one of the two sites he's shutting, we hope to convince him of the old adage "Cheap to buy -dear to own"

An all singing all dancing may cost him 20%+ more but save 30% on running costs payback in less than 5 years is not out of possibility.

I suspect the supermarket bods should be up on where the market is going. We will shy away from CO2 as we do not have sufficient experience of it and if it goes wrong we would be bankrupted by penalty clauses

coolhibby1875
19-02-2009, 08:56 AM
i install rooms of this size all the time in supermarkets for ease if i were you i would ask your local climate centre to quote you on 1 of there own built lt scroll packs they come with 4 zf18 scroll compressors and you would probally need 3 ks70 coolers or 2 km95 coolers these can be controlled through simple rdm coldroom panels which are very good they are cheap and reliable and can be configured for electronic or tev valves going for something like this is easy to install very cheap to run and very easy to fix when when it breaks also parts are easy to find.

Silhouette
19-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Talk to Tony Mills at Space engineering. They do scroll packs utilising subcooled liquid, if you choose Danfoss control systems then you can have floating suction and discharge. We use them on Tesco and have proved they save at least 30% energy over a standard scroll pack!
Regards.

multisync
19-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Talk to Tony Mills at Space engineering. They do scroll packs utilising subcooled liquid, if you choose Danfoss control systems then you can have floating suction and discharge. We use them on Tesco and have proved they save at least 30% energy over a standard scroll pack!
Regards.

Sounds great but he's not going to want to help us out without taking over the job now is he?

Silhouette
19-02-2009, 10:30 AM
We Supply packs to independants!!

multisync
19-02-2009, 10:33 AM
i install rooms of this size all the time in supermarkets for ease if i were you i would ask your local climate centre to quote you on 1 of there own built lt scroll packs they come with 4 zf18 scroll compressors and you would probally need 3 ks70 coolers or 2 km95 coolers these can be controlled through simple rdm coldroom panels which are very good they are cheap and reliable and can be configured for electronic or tev valves going for something like this is easy to install very cheap to run and very easy to fix when when it breaks also parts are easy to find.

great I shall contact them for their thoughts. Someone else mentioned Hubbard.....?

multisync
19-02-2009, 02:47 PM
We Supply packs to independants!!

Mel,
Is he in Bristol -or do you have an email addy for him

Silhouette
19-02-2009, 05:25 PM
tony.mills@space-engineering.co.uk he resides at Bristol Templemeads office and is the pack production manager. If you call Space engineering systems main number and ask for Tony Mills they will put you through. 0845 602 0670