PDA

View Full Version : crafft DSXSA09-11FV747

dabba
09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi

I have a problem with a crafft DSXSA09-11FV747 split air conditioner.

The unit will not heat when using the remote control, the unit usually stops to heat and process as per the instruction manual, then runs however now it just blows and does not heat.

the remote control is working and the unit cools correctly and the other functions work etc.

If I press the emergency operation switch twice as per the book the unit
runs while heating for 30 minutes.

do you know of any remedies to this problem?

Regards

nike123
10-01-2009, 10:28 PM
If I press the emergency operation switch twice as per the book the unit
runs while heating for 30 minutes.

Clarify is it heating or not, when you do that?
If yes, does it heat satisfactory or weak.

dabba
11-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Basically I think what is supposed to happen is when you choose the heat option on the remote, the outdoor unit kicks in and the indoor unit shuts down whilst the outdoor reaches the temp, then the indoor unit starts blowing (warm air).

There is an override button on the unit for if the remote is not working (batteries etc)

Push once for cool, twice for heat and 3rd time for off.

When using the remote the indoor blows but does not heat and the outdoor unit does not run.

When I press the override button twice (heat) the indoor unit blows, the outdoor unit runs and eventually after a couple mins starts to heat and blow warm air. (The indoor unit does not shut down whilst it is heating up, it continually runs as soon as you push the button)
After about 30 mins the outdoor unit stops running but the indoor continues to run (fan only).

I can repeat the operation as much as I wish every 30 mins

dabba
11-01-2009, 01:20 PM
The heating is adequate when it does heat
Regards

nike123
11-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Then your indoor air temperature sensor is faulty or set temperature is too low. Also, clean your filters.

dabba
11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi thanks for that, the set temp on remote was set to max and I did clean the filters, so persume the indoor air temperature sensor is faulty.

next question, the sensor is a small bead type located just above the evaporator, is there a uneversal sensor that can be fitted or wil it need to be specific to the unit?

I am having trouble finding any specs for this unit, all I have is the owners manual which has very limited information on the unit

Regards

momo
12-01-2009, 01:10 AM
If I uderstand correctly: you cannot request heating from the remote control, but you can from the emergency button. Check if the remote control has dip switches or set up options (llok in manual) to select cool only or heating (C/F measurements are another usual option...)