PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Vivace AQV12VBAN E464 Error Code

majikman
09-01-2009, 06:46 PM
A friend of mine has the above unit and it was running fine in heating mode when the unit stopped. It gave the following error code on the indoor unit and on the outdoor unit the red LED was flashing.

I checked this against the faults and it says it is an
IPM Over Current (O.C) fault.

I have looked but can't find anything regarding this anywhere (I have probably missed it on these forums)

I have limited knowledge as I am still learning the trade so I am kind of stuck.....

Can anyone help me ??????

superswill
10-01-2009, 12:09 PM
hope this helps

download the service manual

https://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBTU2VnNDQ1aWFGa1E9PQ

post back your findings

majikman
10-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Brilliant.

That's great. I contacted samsung direct for a error codes but they haven't got a clue. They just re-directed me to Climate Ctr.

By what I can gather from the flowchart then the problem is either the PCB being faulty or the compressor.

Not good either way really.

It says on it to check the shunt resistance value. How do check that ?? What is the normal value ?

Sorry if these seems like basic questions but like I said I am still learning.

I think I may have to get one of my experienced workmates to take a look........

Thanks again for the manual.

majikman
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Well I have manage to rule out the compressor being down.

Got all the correct readings when I tested it.

I am putting it down to a PCB fault.

Has anyone else had a similar problem ?

Are Samsung's a bit problematic ?????

superswill
11-01-2009, 07:14 PM
i have never had this fault myself but know of a few unit that have had the PCB;s replaced and this has solved the problem,

Are Samsung's a bit problematic ?????

not if install right and well maintained like any other make of system

gwilliamson
11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
We have had exactly the same problem with that model samsung unit. After speaking to CC they wanted us to change the PCB then if that did not work change the compressor.!

The system was only 2 months old so we managed to get a new outdoor unit on warranty and changed that thus avoiding multiple visits.

We have only installed 2 samsung systems and both have failed so am not convinced on their reliability.

Although i would like to see any other comments as i do think its quite good kit.

Regards