PDA

View Full Version : carrier 30GK 085

ding dong
09-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I have a problem with a carrier chiler model 30GK 085
this chiler can work with two set points i need to now how can i control it.
i now i have to conect or disconect two connections.

Gibbo
10-01-2009, 11:53 PM
How are you controlling the chiller, local or remote control.
If you check the wiring to the following terminals this will help to tell you how this chiller is controlled remotely..
30 -31 remote alarm
32 -33 remote start stop
34 -35 remote water loop pump contacts or flow switch.
63 -64 remote cooling or heating
65 -66 remote cooling setpoint

Hope this helps

CoolKids
13-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Does any of you know how to set the temperature down low than pre set +3.3*C. I have a customer with a 30GK 085 which would like to run it at -3*C. They have added glycol within the liquid mix.

I have contacted Carrier last week but are still awaiting there response. Do i need to change components to the unit for it to run sub zero?

Gibbo
13-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Does any of you know how to set the temperature down low than pre set +3.3*C. I have a customer with a 30GK 085 which would like to run it at -3*C. They have added glycol within the liquid mix.

I have contacted Carrier last week but are still awaiting there response. Do i need to change components to the unit for it to run sub zero?

According to the IOM for this unit to operate at -3C you will require some factory options either option 5 or 6 you will need to wait for Carrier to return your call to confirm which one you will need as for the glycol you have added you do realise you will reduce the capacity of the chiller, how much depends on the amount of glycol. Who did you call at Carrier ?

Brian_UK
13-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Do you have a controls manual?

http://eto.carrier.com/litterature/cm/13411.pdf

Gibbo
13-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Forgot to add that Carrier Service would be needed as well to reconfigure the Service Configuration Software in the chiller control board.

CoolKids
14-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Evening

Thanks for all the help.

We have the IOM and are aware the cooling capacity will be reduced depending on the glycol/temperature set. I spoke to Chris@ Carrier tech this morning and he cannot find any options that will alter the set points for the unit to run colder equired setpoint -3*c. He was going to speak to one of the Carrier engineers to see how to carryout the procedure. I'm still awaiting the call.

Gibbo
15-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Option 5 (Medium Brine) allows leaving temperature from +5C to -6C at minimum requires reselected Electronic Valves and varnished compresser terminal plates.
Option 6 (Low Temp Brine) allows leaving temperature from -6C to -10C all of the above plus modified cooler and increased cooler insulation.
Also if the chiller is to be run at ambients below 0C then Option 28 is needed which is Condenser Varifans (variable speed fan motors) 1 per circuit.
As you can see its a bit more than just adjusting setpoints.