PDA

View Full Version : hello... I'm a new pls be nice....here is an easy1 for you guys

cold chic
08-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Im currently working on very small systems in Pretoria,But today my boss asked me to drain the oil on the very old daiken chiller which is a bit bigger then what im used to. well in this my south africa we still have some really old **8(recip compressor) and replace with new oil.system is been off for few months,Recovered all gas(r22) 20 kg but im not too sure about the correct procedure on how to drain,sample test,recharge with new oil?...my boss said don't panic I'll talk you thru on the phone.But I have worked with him for 5 years i have't seen him doing this.we normally do domestic.

thank you very...your help will be much appreciated.

WINJA
08-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I use sporlan test kits a lot http://www.allthermalcontrols.com/product1638.html
The carrier total test is also quite good , you just run a bit of gas thru it http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=COMTEST1001&Category_Code=c2-accessories

Tesla
09-01-2009, 06:59 AM
1 isolate comp - close hp and lp valve (front seat) and any common oil lines
2 check press - need about 1psi
3 undo oil drain nut at bottom of crankcase - into plastic container
4 whilst oil pours out take oil sample into clean 100 ml bottle, best get a sample kit from any chiller parts supplier and have sample analysed at a lab or use quick acid test kit.
5 bung the oil nut in, add little gas trace and leaktest, if good evacuate compressor
6 suck oil in via vacume to sight glass level, or use oil hand pump.
7 recharge refrigerant and of course open those isolated valves
8 check ref charge under a good load and top up
9 check oil level and top up if required by (be carefull) front seat lp valve with line attached to gauges and charge line in oil, run comp into a vacume and top up to correct level.
Best to try to find manual on comp or chiller. And I woul not normall remove gas from chiller I would pump out the comp. Safety if the oil is acidic and gets into ur eyes it will hurt. Good luck newb
U may need to buy a few 1/4 brass fittings for this

cold chic
09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Thank you very much Winja and Tesla,Well I'm going thru it now but I couldn find acid tester so im gonna it take the sample to lab,thou i heard its expensive...tesla thats axactly what I wasn't sure about things like topping up if necessary...

thanks a lot guys