PDA

View Full Version : Heat Pump Problems South of Watford!!

yinmorrison
07-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi guys, just wondering if all you lads in the South of England are experiencing many Heat Pump defrost problems with the temps dropping the way they are.We normally get as many call outs this time of year as we do in Summer.

brunstar
07-01-2009, 10:48 PM
yep it is happening all over the Uk due to the high humidity and snow, snow also sticking to the coils and truning into ice, make sure the units are all mounted off the ground and have sufficient free air around them and make sure they are not short cycling outdoor air.

marc5180
08-01-2009, 08:16 PM
We have had the busiest week for a while. I have to go to a call out tomorrow where the customer says the condensor is blowing out "smoke". I'm going to try and explain that it is going on defrost and steam will come from the unit every so often.

back2space
15-01-2009, 11:48 AM
ha, I have had people passing by my house coming to the window and saying there is smoke coming from the unit, it billows from the front and blows across the street, having explained its just steam they leave with a rather daft look on their face!

Brian_UK
15-01-2009, 07:25 PM
You'll have to fix some of those garden windmills things in front of it, then they will have something to watch as well ;)

back2space
20-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Chances are with it being LG it will prob have smoke coming from it at some point!

I am also amazed at how little the installers know about the system. I had them back out the other day to the louvre on one of the units as it was making a clicking sound.

Well he said that he didnt wanna take it apart as he might not be able to get it back together and he doesnt normally work on LG...

So i thought sod it and i did it myself, took front cover off, dissabled the louvre and applies small bit of grease to the holes where the louvre sticks through and hey presto silent as it was new!!!

GOt my remote sensors coming on Thurs too so gonna fit those and hopefully will sort things once and for all.

Brian_UK
20-01-2009, 07:28 PM
<snip>
Got my remote sensors coming on Thurs too so gonna fit those and hopefully will sort things once and for all.
Late Christmas present eh ? :)

Don't forget to turn the power off first (semi-official 'elf 'n' saffy' note).

back2space
23-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeh I guess so im hoping its gonna sort the probs out. Im getting them from LG comfort cooling, very friendly and knowledgable and prices are good.

Paying £18.99 for each sensor, Dean & wood were quoting £40! RIP OFF!

The system seems to sometimes ramp down to about 1000watts, but then it will ramp up again to 1300 when the temperature is increasing in the room (on heating) (then will cycle off) so im thinking its because at floor level theres cooler air being pulled into the unit fooling it, and every now and then warmer air is mixing in with the cooler air so it thinks it needs to ramp down rather than being consistent.