PDA

View Full Version : my favourite call

hillbillywillie
07-01-2009, 09:13 PM
anyone have a favourite call? Mine is the friday night call when I'm just heading off to go fishing or camping with the wife and weans. You know the one-you get to the store and the guy tells you "it's been like that for about a week":rolleyes::(:mad::mad::mad:

I usually go into the motor room and bang my head against the nearest suction header.........

larry333
23-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Ha ha, ya I know those, another favorite after hours call is ....your guy was just here and it still aint working.

glenn1340
23-01-2009, 08:30 PM
After a hot day in a noisy plant room I get home, have a cool shower, shorts and flip flops donned then grab a cold beer and collapse into the lounger in the garden. Then the phone rings....

chillled
23-01-2009, 08:50 PM
A good one is a Morrisons water leak, or night blind at 3am!!

Chunk
23-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I like the ones where they call you out and when you get there,they have locked up and gone home.:D

matt.yelland
07-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Got a call to a store which had closed and gone home for the evening..... Bakery Frezzer Coldroom Controller had gone off-line.

The duty engineer the next day had the store ringing him to find out while nobody had attended, long story short, the coldroom went to around 100 degrees C and melted the ceiling, fan guards and bowed the walls....
Funny as f&@%k

Latte
07-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Had a nice one Friday night. 4pm in Cambridge (Only 30 mins from home). Called out to Silverstone on an emergency for a 6 drawer chiller in a pub with no power !!!. 80 miles and 2 hours later arrived to find someone had pulled the plug out. 2 seconds to fix, 2 hours and 100 miles home. 180 miles and 4 1/4 hours overtime for putting a plug in

RESULT !!!!

julius Geezer
07-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Got a call to a store which had closed and gone home for the evening..... Bakery Frezzer Coldroom Controller had gone off-line.

The duty engineer the next day had the store ringing him to find out while nobody had attended, long story short, the coldroom went to around 100 degrees C and melted the ceiling, fan guards and bowed the walls....
Funny as f&@%k
Ha ..... i know the feeling , went to a walk in freezer once and another engineer (honest) had left a handheld unit plugged in and set to manual defrost , this was at 4pm

3am i got a call from a worried night manager , got to site and unplugged the handheld

The LCD Display went from "DEF" to "+79"

Fair play to the store , they seen the funny side of it

They must of lost around £3k :)

sillycobra
08-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Hi all,

One of my favourites is quite similar to hillbilly's post. When you arrive at a store to the soothing sounds of fan blades hitting water on an island and the staff to say its been doing it all week and then to be overjoyed at finding a s**tload of fan motors burnt out. Love them calls, but i think the comment of " doing it all week " makes any call send you completley bonkers. :confused:

matt.yelland
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Or you get a call from the store after they have had a maintenance PPM the day before to find the case iced up as the great ppm engineer has got the fans wet..... Its lovely on the koxka produce cases!!!!

CAPTAINBIRDSEYE
02-03-2010, 10:31 PM
my favourite would have to be called out at 4am for a coca cola chiller........... needless to say the nightcrew guy was told to stick the call up his chorus and verse lol TWAT

ice_p
04-03-2010, 08:05 AM
One time when we were doing Somerfield in Bridlington got called out at around 3:45am, the duty manager complaining that the fridges had gone beserk. Now I had been out 2 days before when a pack controller had gone down. Oh bugger not again, dont have another spare, better set off and see what the crack is. Huddersfield to Bridlington a good 2 hours, arrive on site, all cabinet temps fine.

ME "Err! So why exactly have you called me out theres nowt wrong with these fridges"

MANAGER/DOPE "Yes there is! Stuff keeps flashing up on these displays then going off. See theres one there it says D E F?"

BYE BYE!

750 Valve
05-03-2010, 12:09 PM
One time when we were doing Somerfield in Bridlington got called out at around 3:45am, the duty manager complaining that the fridges had gone beserk.

http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2009/12/freezer-out-of-control.jpg

coolhibby1875
05-03-2010, 08:37 PM
my favorite call is from the office at 2pm saying thats you for the day, happy day's

Spencer.Guy
06-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Or the phone call from the office
"Get there as quick as you can, it's gone political, emails everywhere"

I'll see what I can do.

Get there to find several engineers have had the same message and all arrived on site.
How many engineers to fix a blocked drain?

ice_p
07-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Here's another good call from the office but not a fridge repair.

"Hi the company has gone under can you please pull all the stickers off your van and try your best to rip the name badge of your shirt. We are now called ********"

harry snotter
11-03-2010, 11:51 PM
ha the cry of the spineless " its gone political":confused:

FEISTY
21-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Too many to tell but 1 of the best was 2pm Friday of 3 day holiday weekend. The customer didn't want to pay for tech to clean ice machine so he took a power washer to it. Might have been better if he turned it off first. Shorted out water pump, melted plug and wall socket. blew curtain and bridge control to hell. Of course...he wanted it all fixed that day and said it wasn't his fault because the owner's manual didn't say " DO NOT USE POWER WASHER ". I had to email Manitowoc tech support on this one. They wrote back with." HA HA HA HA ".

NoNickName
21-03-2010, 05:57 PM
They wrote back with." HA HA HA HA ".

In the US they may well not be laughing.
It's the old story of the cat put to dry in the microwave oven.

richelli
04-04-2010, 09:51 AM
How about this one. Called out to to supermarket at ten at night, saturday. AHT chest freezers in alarm at front end panel. Break in the network somewhere in amongst the bank of freezers, which are all bolted together to make it even more of a task (the network doesnt tell you where the fault is just that there is one somewehere). No numbers on the cases to help. Look at the alarm panel to find its been alarming about 15 times a day for the last five days.

Then I find out that some other local company has been called that day to this fault. But strangly enough he has put 24kg of r404 in the condensing unit outside, found a leak and repaired it, to solve the alarm? He was there about ten minutes, and will have to return because its a two man job to complete. Strange never heard of 24kg of r404 ever fixing a network fault. especially when the condensing unit outside has nothing to do with the chest freezers. (Not that i'm saying that anyone would fill out a sheet to try and charge someone for something that they havn't done! :-)

Anyway when I ask why they called me out now, when its been alarming five days, the answer was "well were shut tomorrow so my boss wanted it fixed in case we lost any stock"! As you can imagine a few choice words were exchanged there!:mad:

tony--1
04-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Anyway when I ask why they called me out now, when its been alarming five days, the answer was "well were shut tomorrow so my boss wanted it fixed in case we lost any stock"! As you can imagine a few choice words were exchanged there!:mad:(quote)

well you know they have to use the ppl that CAN FIX IT . not the clowns that can`t . but its always the same
<!-- / message -->