PDA

View Full Version : Automatically shutdown of Cu-A12CKP5 Air-conditioner

civaro
07-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi,
When I turned on the indoor unit with the remote control, it run hard for approx. 1 second then slow down for 3-4 seconds, with the flap swinged ok. The cycle repeated itself for 5-6 times then the flap closed and both the indoor and outdoor units turned off. During the high - low cycle happening with the indoor unit, the outdoor unit compressor and fan seems to run smoothly.
Thanking in advance for your assistance.

Also if you have a copy (or link) for the service manual for this model Cu-A12CKP5 would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Henry

narkom
07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Take a look here
http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/bp_split_ac/manuals.asp

civaro
07-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi Narkom,
Happy new year to you and your family. Thank you for your prompt reply. On the web-link you suggested, there is no service manual for this model Cu-A12CKP5 but Csu-a912CKPG.
Thanks and cheers.
Regards Henry

nike123
08-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Hi Narkom,
Happy new year to you and your family. Thank you for your prompt reply. On the web-link you suggested, there is no service manual for this model Cu-A12CKP5 but Csu-a912CKPG.
Thanks and cheers.
Regards Henry

http://www.nodevice.com/manual/newmans/panasonic2/MAC0208024c8pdf/get57700.html

stefs_cruiser
08-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Problem is that the signal from the hall effect sensor in the fan motor needs to match up to a reference voltage.
Problem is too fold.
Bad regulation on the main PCB making the reference voltage fluctuate.
which needs replacement but in some cases the fan motor will require replacement also.

If it is a cash job, quote for both...

paul_h
08-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Try the motor first. They're cheaper and a bad pcb won't stuff up a motor with one short test.
Worst case senario, you need to come back with a PCB and replace both, either way, you need a new motor, but sometimes you don't need a new PCB.
I'd never plug a new PCB into an old motor, if the motor is dodgey there's a chance the new PCB would be stuffed straight away.

When I was changing them all over the place as chargeable jobs I always got both as it saves a lot of time, and time is money anyway.
But my brothers cs-a12ckp stuffed up a week ago and I just tried changing the motor and it was fixed, no more problems.

civaro
08-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks Guys.
I will quote for both (it may not be competitive when considering the new unit which comes with 5 years warranty). However i will keep you posted if the client would like to proceed with the repair. Do you have a copy of the manual for my reference?
Regards
Henry

frank
08-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks Guys.
Do you have a copy of the manual for my reference?
Regards
Henry

Click on the link kindly provided by Nike123 above.

civaro
10-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi,
I finally had the chance to find out that both main controller board and indoor fan motor were dud.
1. Main Board: The pre-biased transistor Q03 which drives the solid state relay SSR01 went short circuit between Collector and Emitter, and
2. The indoor fan motor heat-up badly.
Thanks again for all your assistence.

nike123
10-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice to see that someone goes to repair of electronics instead of simply swapping parts! Good work!

stefs_cruiser
10-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Civaro,
Interesting diagnoses.
If the transistor is short driving the SSR, which drives the fan motor, how did the unit try 5 times and then turn it off again?

Would it not run constantly?

Good to hear you got it sorted though