PDA

View Full Version : Linde Integral Chiller With Sticking Relay Pt.2

Tayters
05-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Whilst your brains are still warm perhaps you could answer this.

On the same chiller with 2 compressors, one comp. is powered via a contactor but the second is powered from the dodgy relay. This relay is turned on via a starter as you find on a flourescent light. Is this to introduce a delay so the breaker doesn't blow due to two compressors coming on at the same time?

The one I was checking today both had them starting at the same time so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I couldn't see why else it was there.

Mark
06-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Whilst your brains are still warm perhaps you could answer this.

On the same chiller with 2 compressors, one comp. is powered via a contactor but the second is powered from the dodgy relay. This relay is turned on via a starter as you find on a flourescent light. Is this to introduce a delay so the breaker doesn't blow due to two compressors coming on at the same time?

The one I was checking today both had them starting at the same time so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I couldn't see why else it was there.

Correct, there is glow type starter in the second compressor control circuit to momentarily delay it's start up when the controller calls for it.:eek:

Tayters
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Ah, it's all becoming clear now. The starter I had was shorting across the pins hence both compressors coming on at the same time.
I'll be slipping one in tommorow.

I'll also go back and fit a new starter ;)

Tayters
24-01-2009, 10:43 AM
I came across a box of electronic starters and tried one of those is a case to see what happened.

What do you know? Both compressors came on at the same time where as with the neon starter there is about a 1 second delay.