PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Universal Con Pump

frankmcbride
22-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Hi Guys ,
Fitted one of the above to-day,just a set of mains to it for power but how does it work ? does it sense a temp diff across the two sensor leads ? anybody explain to a thick spark????
Thanks again,
Frank McBride.

Peter_1
22-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi Guys ,
Fitted one of the above to-day,just a set of mains to it for power but how does it work ? does it sense a temp diff across the two sensor leads ? anybody explain to a thick spark????
Thanks again,
Frank McBride.

Exactly as you thought. The 2 sensors senses the difference in temperature when the unit starts and will pump some time after the unit shuts down.

Latte
22-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Hello Frank,
Aspen pumps are quite popular over hear. Just one piece of advice if you come accross these in the future. always check the pump head tube (White pipe goes around 180 degree's) These after time begin to go flat where the wheels go round them all the time and therefore looses some of it's pumping ability. New pump head tubes are available from all good stockists at about £5 each and are a piece of cake to fit.

Regards

Raymond

Brian_UK
22-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Frank, we assume that you have read the instructions so don't call yourself a thick sparky ;)

Also make sure that you mount the pump the correct way up otherwise the grease comes out of the bearings and the thing shuts down.

frankmcbride
23-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks for that guys.............. yes i`ve fitted the wee white tubes ,got them through Control Centre, visted site to-day and Daikin indoor unit & pump doing fine. I find every day is a school day learning all the time i`ve got my Corgi Card Industrial & commercial elements & now dabbling in A C & with the help i`m getting from you guys and reading all your postings i`m learning more.
Frank McBride.