PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Refrigeration Training

Kev_Brown
30-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi
We are looking to train a number of Domestic Appliance engineers over the next 4 years - can anyone provide details of training companies who may be able to offer suitable training courses (refrigeration courses only as we have the other skills covered)
Kind Regards
Kevin

tonto33
30-12-2008, 03:55 PM
were bouts u located in uk

taz24
30-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi
We are looking to train a number of Domestic Appliance engineers over the next 4 years - can anyone provide details of training companies who may be able to offer suitable training courses (refrigeration courses only as we have the other skills covered)
Kind Regards
Kevin

Hi Kev.

It depends on where you are and how you want to go about it.
The best route would be for the lads to do a full modern apprenticeship which
takes three years if done through a college. They would be trained up on all aspects
of refrigeration and would achieve a level 3 NVQ at the end of it.

It does depend on where you are.

I can point you in the direction of some colleges and training providers if you want.
Just PM me and I will pass on what you need to know.

Cheers taz.

Pooh
07-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I beleive that the minimum requirement will be the FGas qualification which in its self will give a reasonable level of knowledge and with a short top up course to give the extra practical skills required and the handling qualification for Hydrocarbon refrigerants that should be all you need. Some of the training is also available by distance learning.

Pooh

cjiruk
29-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi

has anybody used Technique Training who offer Refrigeration courses, i currently work in the Semiconductor industry which is dying on its feet, getting made redundant at end of April and looking possibly to move into refrigeration, i live in Scotland, but willing to do a 4/6 week course anywhere in the UK, ANY RECOMMENDATIONS??

fanblade
29-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi
give Polar Pumps Ltd a call 01302 751253 they do a week long basic rerfrigeration course Just done my f gas cat 1 with them they are at Doncaster and have a really good set up.

cjiruk
29-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Fanblade

thanks for the reply! How much did the course cost and did you have any experience beforehand of refrigeration? Did you gain any qualification with them?

Thanks

Jim

fanblade
29-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi Jim
I have experience so just did a two day At £395+£50 reg fee their week long course is £795+£50 reg fee qualification you get at the end is now City And Guilds F Gas Category 1
Cheers Fanblade

wambat
29-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi
Kind Regards
Kevin

This may interest you
http://www.hvacreducation.net/