PDA

View Full Version : samsung avq09fcn

winrow
29-12-2008, 07:21 AM
hi if anyone can help be much appreciated I have recently come across a samsung avq09fcn invertor which randomly cuts out, the customer tells me that this mainly happens in cooling mode, the red turbo light and green power flash continuosly when this happens. When I turn the unit off and on agen wit the remote works gr8 but who knows for how long, I think it is a communication fault but without option codes can't be sure this is a uk model so mite be called somthing else in other countries thanks for reading

superswill
29-12-2008, 10:18 AM
winrow

please check the model as there is a AQV09FCN,and i think this is the model you have its 2008 new inverter model,i have attached the trouble shooting guide for indoor (doc1),that just says refer to outdoor see attached (doc2),there are three LED's 1-3 these can be used to trouble shoot,hope this helps

feedback what you find and if you need more help

paul_h
29-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a fault code and you don't need 'option codes'.
Option codes are for when the unit doesn't respond to the remote or you've fitted a new PCB.

Best bet would be to check the refrigerant pressures and temps.
If it's happening randomly on cool, it's most likely high discharge temp because the system has a leak, high pressure cutout, inverter overheating or compressor/inverter playing up.

winrow
29-12-2008, 03:44 PM
thanks found the leds (not a good place) the fault codes that appears dosent show on my fault code sheet on the compressor and i cant make out the final word on superswill's document, i have yellow led on and the green flashin, red is off number 18. pressure and temperature seem ok and system has been installed since august with no problem, also tested pipework with nitrogen no leaks found i phoned samsung helpline they told me to ring my supplier climate center but didnt find much help would appreicate anymore guidance thanks ben

superswill
29-12-2008, 04:15 PM
OK,what are to outdoor temps? (ambient) where is the outdoor unit located?

winrow
29-12-2008, 08:06 PM
sri mate not too sure wot temp ya mean (air on, air off outdoor unit or air temperature around unit fridge temp etc.) it is floor mounted and has plenty of clearance since, i been messing wit it tho it decided to stop running in cool mode all together now tho (she aint pleased) she has heating from the unit tho this has me stumped thanks for ya time in advance

winrow
29-12-2008, 08:09 PM
also forgot to metion indoor unit runs fan in cooling mode outdoor does not operate, i suspect that this is more than likely the orginal fault rather than it workin randomly thanks

superswill
29-12-2008, 08:52 PM
outside air temp? does it work in heating?

winrow
29-12-2008, 09:02 PM
outside was bout 5c or 6c when tested yes the unit works in heating mode which is why i thought it cant be related to fridge charge i know the unit says that cooling mode is only suitable for temperatures above 10c outside but approx. Surely the unit would protect itself before frosting up but still operate up until that point

superswill
29-12-2008, 09:08 PM
is the 4 way valve working? is it opening/closing fully

has there been any power cuts in the area? does she use the remote to turn the unit off or a local switch?

winrow
29-12-2008, 09:27 PM
no power cuts uses the remote and the power button on the indoor unit. i tried entering the option codes for the unit it was my understandin that the codes for aqv09fcn is the same as aqv09fan, i aint too sure how to go about testin a 4 way valve i know that when the unit is in cooling mode no noise at all comes the outdoor unit so i dont think compressor is running well stumped

superswill
29-12-2008, 09:42 PM
the option code is 084777-17524E but thats not the prob from what iam reading,where in the uk is this unit? and if you don't mind me asking is it a private job or though a company you work for?

winrow
29-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I didnt like the sound of that is it that bad lol its in runcorn near Liverpool n I am self employed

superswill
29-12-2008, 09:59 PM
i can get over to you next week when iam back in work if its causing you that much of a problem as i look after a few site at daresbury point

winrow
29-12-2008, 10:20 PM
It ain't that bad I mean the unit is still under warranty but coz of hoildays didn't get much joy from ppl thought it would be sumit small coz heating mode works but try wit warranty way first cheers for offerin tho fella if u dnt minds asking is it sias u work for m8 know they do a bit on the park

superswill
29-12-2008, 10:28 PM
It ain't that bad I mean the unit is still under warranty but coz of hoildays didn't get much joy from ppl thought it would be sumit small coz heating mode works but try wit warranty way first cheers for offerin tho fella if u dnt minds asking is it sias u work for m8 know they do a bit on the park

speak to climate center and follow there warranty procedure

it is yeah,and we do alot of work that way on but more would always be nice

winrow
29-12-2008, 10:40 PM
cool well were wit the hvca but Dnt do bigger ac installs vrv's etc so I see anything comin off up this way will give you the heads up an thanks for all ya help n time

superswill
29-12-2008, 10:59 PM
no problems and as for your unit these small inverters its belt and braces stuff,electrical connection/voltage,charge charge ect ect ect

winrow
19-01-2009, 09:09 PM
ya rite superswill belt n braces was too simple got in touch wit samsung they sed that the f series shut the cooling down below 10celcius dnt fit in a server room lol just thought i would let ya know the crack cheers