PDA

View Full Version : VapoLS floodback

Oj0
29-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi all, I have a problem with my stock Vapochill LS. I'm getting bad floodback even at maximum load with a 6000+ at 3.9GHz 1.6v with the chip at 2'c.I can hear refrigerant boiling off of the oil every 30 seconds to 5 minutes which would suggest it's badly overcharged yet the way it handles load suggests it's undercharged. Last night the delta between load and idle was almost 30'c. Any idea what the problem could be? A damaged compressor? I have a spare so swapping it out isn't a problem but I don't want to have to do so unless I'm sure that is where the problem lies. Anyone?

fatty
08-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Ok when is the unit plinking ?? Under load or at idle??

fippo
24-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Your plinking noise is quite possibly refrigerant returning to the compressor. A guess would be that you are using an interim refrigerant containing a little hydrocarbon to help with oil return and have overcharged the system. Depending on the compressor type this could cause some damage to the valves and giving some inefficiency.
I assume this is a capillary system which is a critical charge so gas charge must be accurate for performance. Post some more info, and remember that the make and model of your chiller means absolutely nothing to me, and I will try for a diagnosis.
Start with if possible compressor type and perhaps model, expansion device type, refrigerant type, secondary refrigerant? suction pressure, discharge pressure, liquid line temp just before the expansion device, suction line temp just after the evaporator, and just before the compressor, type of condenser, is an accumulator fitted, is a liquid receiver fitted, what type of temperature control, what type of evaporator, what current does the compressor draw and what is the fla for the compressor. Is there a secondary refrigerant, what temperature are you trying to achieve, and anything else you think may be pertinent. Do you have a Mollier chart available for this system and have you tried to apply this?