PDA

View Full Version : fan control vs. headmaster

FEISTY
26-12-2008, 05:39 PM
lip Happy holidays to all !! I know this is basic textbook question but thought I would pick your brains. Any new views on fan control vs. headmaster outdoor condenser control . Chicago extreme winter temps and a stuck open headmaster on R22 dual cond. fan unit. Easy fix is clip tube to 100% open valve and quick connect access tee to liq. line for fan control. No ***** loss. Fast up & down repair due to outside temps. So... ok to quick fix or GOOD REASON to chg. headmstr. and full repair ?? Thanks for opinion and advise. Stay warm !!!

powell
26-12-2008, 06:04 PM
lip Happy holidays to all !! I know this is basic textbook question but thought I would pick your brains. Any new views on fan control vs. headmaster outdoor condenser control . Chicago extreme winter temps and a stuck open headmaster on R22 dual cond. fan unit. Easy fix is clip tube to 100% open valve and quick connect access tee to liq. line for fan control. No ***** loss. Fast up & down repair due to outside temps. So... ok to quick fix or GOOD REASON to chg. headmstr. and full repair ?? Thanks for opinion and advise. Stay warm !!!
Feisty,

You should stay with the Headmaster due to Chicago's low ambient conditions. Here's a link to Copeland's AE bulletins.

Check out Section 17, # 17-1234

Keep Warm!;)
http://www.hvacrinfo.com/ae_index.htm

FEISTY
28-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Thank you for information on two levels. First I agree the headmaster is the way to go with the " Chicago Chills ". Second, and most valuable, thanks for the info link. Can't get shared info like this , even from the Copeland counter people. Not that they WON'T SHARE but because they DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT. I appreciate the help and hope I can return the favor someday. Best wishes for a grat New Year !!!