PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Inverter error code

karl957
26-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi, can any one assist with diagnosing a sharp inverter aircon error code, model AY-X097J.
After faault test the yellow timer light flashes alone three times then two times further together with the operation light on the indoor unit. Does anyone have any idea as the technical service engineer for Sharp is on leave. Thank you in advance.

karl957
29-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Problem solved the outdoor controller pcb needs to be replaced because transformer coil is open circuit. Thank you to all who were racking their brains to try assist.

paul_h
29-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry, I missed this because I'm neck deep in daikins, emails and airwells at the moment which are not my speciality, and airwells are a PITA to get parts for in WA. But I can help with sharp stuff in the future. I don't work for sharp, but know something about them.

Who the hell takes leave at this time of year when you're in the a/c industry, no wonder even I can't get any help there at the moment :D

Reading sharp codes is a funny method, the timer will flash 5 times, the operation LED will flash for the code.
So the timer is just the counter, the op LED flash will tell you the fault, ie 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th and/or 5th compared to the counter of the timer flash.
So for your fault, all you'd need to know is 4th and 5th op LED flash.
And the outdoor LED should be flashing 6 times to match hat indoor fault code, if not, something is screwy.

Hope it works out for you, as their diagnostics are fairly simple and they are too quick to point out "replace board due to board fault" type fault finding.
I came across one myself recently, I didn't have the codes on me so I had no idea that it meant current fault at the time. I didn't even think to read current draws at the time. But their chart said replace board due to current fault detector faulty.
I sure hope the compressor, capacitor or soft starter isn't faulty when I go back there just with the PCB :D