PDA

View Full Version : reciprocating compressor bearing wear

oilzee
23-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Hello everyone. i have read a article regarding to reciprocating compressor bearing wear but something i have don't understand !
The article stated that Temperature of the discharge valve above 350F ( 177°C ) the oil will start to break down, causing accelerated bear wear . The article did not mention whether want to change new compressor oil or remain using after we troubleshoot and solve the problem .Could anybody tell me what should i do when face this type of problem ! Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

oilzee regard

nike123
23-12-2008, 07:27 AM
When oil reach that temperature it becomes carbonized and smell. You could make oil acid test and check color of oil, and accordingly, change oil and fit burn out filter-dryer in suction and discharge pipe.
In fact, you should proceed like you heaved burn-out.

oilzee
23-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Hello Nike

Thanks for your help , i m very appreciated

nike123
23-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Hello Nike

Thanks for your help , i m very appreciated

I am glad to help.

Check this bulletin and act as suggested.
http://www.hvacrinfo.com/cope_ae_bulletins/TAE1105.PDF

Akram Hamza
23-12-2008, 08:57 AM
THANKS NIKE123
For your great efforts

glenn1340
23-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi Oilzee,
Might be an idea to send a sample away for analysis. They can tell you carbon content, acid levels, and presence of any wear metals ie bearing, valve, casting, piston rings etc.
I was told by a lubrication chemist that mineral life should be halved every 10c above 80c ie. That`s ok in theory but i`ve not meet a customer yet who`ll pay for that.
Regards,
Glenn

oilzee
24-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi Oilzee,
Might be an idea to send a sample away for analysis.
Glenn

Hello Glenn,
Thanks for your reply , i have no idea where to do this type of analysis in our country . Do any RE ( refrigeration engineer ) members from Malaysia know about this , please give me a hand . You are right , customer may not pay for that .

Oilzee Regards

RANGER1
24-12-2008, 08:48 AM
oilzee ,
This is a very high discharge tempreture . What refrigerant is system on and what pessure / temps is system running ?
Also what type of compressor ?

oilzee
24-12-2008, 09:55 AM
What refrigerant is system on and what pessure / temps is system running ?
Also what type of compressor ?

Hello Ranger1

thank you for helping . i have not been face this type of problem yet . i just want to know more about refrigeration system because my little knowledge just a beginning :o

oilzee
24-12-2008, 11:52 AM
I wish you all Merry Christmas

glenn1340
24-12-2008, 08:11 PM
[quote=oilzee;129681]Hello Glenn,
Thanks for your reply , i have no idea where to do this type of analysis in our country . Do any RE ( refrigeration engineer ) members from Malaysia know about this , please give me a hand . You are right , customer may not pay for that .

Oilzee Regards

Hi Oilzee,
I can`t give a direct link here as I`ve not made enough posts yet but type in "oil analysis services malaysia" to google and you`ll get several situated in Malaysia. I`m sure they`ll be able to help you.
Regards,
Glenn

oilzee
25-12-2008, 03:47 PM
type in "oil analysis services malaysia" to google and you`ll get several situated in Malaysia. I`m sure they`ll be able to help you.
Regards,
Glenn

Thank you Glenn , good information .

Regards,
Oilzee