PDA

View Full Version : chiller solution

unibar
23-12-2008, 05:05 AM
Hi all,
Looking to build 300kW aircooled chiller using 4 x Danfoss scroll compressors but concerned about using plate heat exchangers, was going to use shell and tube but price and delivery time unsuitable.
My concern is that given the high volumetric efficiency of the scroll compressor and the small internal refrigerant volume of the PHE will the system get to run before failing on low pressure if tx valve not responding quickly enough, and also pipe runs are very short.
Anybody had any similar problems?

nike123
23-12-2008, 07:39 AM
I have recently installed, in one hotel here, chiller with same configuration of 4 compressors and one PHE with two separate refrigerant circuits like this one (http://www.alfalaval.com/solution-finder/products/ac-series/Documents/AC350.pdf), which works without any problem related with your concern.
Also, there is buffer tank of 800 l in it.

unibar
25-12-2008, 11:14 PM
nike123 thanks for the reply, running system on R22, did your chiller have liquid receiver in refrigeration circuit to ensure liquid seal to tx valve, was not wanting to use receiver if possible.

nike123
26-12-2008, 08:56 AM
nike123 thanks for the reply, running system on R22, did your chiller have liquid receiver in refrigeration circuit to ensure liquid seal to tx valve, was not wanting to use receiver if possible.

No, there is no liquid receiver nor suction accumulator!

It only have condensation fan speed control according to pressure. Controller is Carel µChiller2 with 4 capacity steps in 2 refrigerant circuit. Expansion valves are TEV.

It looks like this in partial exploded view:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/3137039077_520e0ba7c8_o_d.jpg

ottok
09-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi all. I have a problem by choosing a chiller!
I have a house with 200qm, 3 bedrooms, one living room, 3 bathrooms, 1 kitchen,1 office.So my heating write now its on wood and I have Floor and ceiling fan coil units in all house. I had for cooling a Daikin 16kw chiller only cooling but my supplier did not look after it, and frost completely where was whater in. When they fix it thy took all the documents, maintaining books -all documents but they did not brig back. So I knew there its a problem with the frizing and I only open the 2 tapes and get out the water. Write now I am in the possition that they took the chiiler and I need another one but what brand and type do you recomend?
I want to put one wich cooling and heating the water.
Can I have an answer please?