PDA

View Full Version : Trane RTHC

amar
22-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know what type of electronic expansion valves are fitted to the Trance RTHC series of chillers??

We are looking at reusing the condenser and evaporator and need to know if it is possible to control the EEV using an independant controller.

Cheers,

Amar

chris96
21-01-2009, 08:42 PM
The RTHC is a flooded evap as far as i'm aware, and the EEV is controlled by the by the Trane controller which looks at the refrigerant liquid level in the evap. Not sure how you can rework it but i'd be interested to hear how it goes.

cool_tech
28-01-2009, 11:28 AM
hey guys does it use some sort of float for control low side float maybe. the machines can fault if refrigerant levels are too high/ low. check out trnaes website.

centrecipew
19-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi,
I believe that the expansion valves are supplied by SPORLAN. The 4 wires are 24vdc 2 pair. 1 pair drives open, the other pair closed.
The evaporator is partially flooded and the level controlled by a liquid level sensor/ float. The control module will lways try to keep the level at 0.0 cm with a minimum of -3.0cm or a max of +3.0. So if the level goes minus the valve opens and if it goes positive it shuts. The level fluctuates according to the loading/staging of the compressor.
Typically the reliability of the oem controller and associated modules is exceptionally good, and the majority of problems experienced in relation to these parts are almost always site related.
Good Luck

Lowrider
19-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Why only use the condensor and evaporator? Is the compressor busted?

JohnSamsa
27-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Put a Hanbell Compressor on it - samsainc.com/Hanbell.html
and use MCS Controls - mcscontrols.com The unit will be but a whisper!