PDA

View Full Version : new working hours regulations on the cards!!

richelli
18-12-2008, 07:46 PM
I wonder if this will come in or not. Would be no good for me I want as much overtime as possible. Any one from overseas already got these in force? I wonder you could opt out?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7786825.stm

superswill
18-12-2008, 11:40 PM
ummm makes an interesting read,but i dont think any trade could be capped its just the nature of the beast

p_p
19-12-2008, 01:34 PM
If the ruling does come in, I wonder what the supermarket boys are gonna do, a friend of mine has to live at the job to make a decent wage.
24/7 call out every 3rd week, makes me go all cold.

PP

richelli
19-12-2008, 11:40 PM
I am a supermarket engineer! What really annoys me is that someone can take away my freedom to work when I want. I enjoy what I do and cant see how someone in Brussels can take that right away from me. I could make what some people call a decent living from just doing a flat week, but I want more than a decent living. This would just be the start if they got away with bringing this on us. What next, set sleeping times to cut down on tiredness. Seems to me the people bringing this in are getting paid far to much money for doing very little and arn't realy living in the real world.:(

richelli
02-04-2009, 11:44 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7978531.stm

Looks like we might be in for a 68 hour week max, reading from another page I found about this.

http://www.irishnews.com/break.asp?tbrk=brk&par=brk&catid=5834&subcatid=642&storyid=405116

They cant agree on it at the moment so hopefully would stay as it is.Would suit me better if they kept their meddling hands off my pay packet thanks!

NIKK38
05-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Space are introducing a new work practice which will limit the hours an engineer can work. No details yet though.....

coolhibby1875
06-04-2009, 05:48 PM
hi nikk space had better be carefull what they do as we all know how much supermarket engineers love thier ot

NIKK38
06-04-2009, 06:02 PM
No more o/t, fixed rota and salary :mad:

richelli
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I take it you work for space NIKK38. SO when does that come in? Lets hope others dont follow there lead. Yeah it will suit some but not for me!

NIKK38
06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Starts 1st June. Just in time to cause upset for the summer.

NO. I don't work for Space, but I know people that do.

tony--1
06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Yh coolhibby1875 where all greedy tw@ts .lol

coolhibby1875
06-04-2009, 10:08 PM
hi tony your right we all love the smell of the buffallo bill lol

Fatboy Taz
07-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Update for uk.gov website:

7 April 2009

It’s back to the negotiating table later this month after talks to end the opt-out option of the EU’s working hours rules failed to reach an agreement.

According to the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (Berr) the UK has so far successfully resisting pressure to accept the removal of the right to opt-out of the maximum 48-hours week, as noted in the EU Working Time Directive.

A meeting in Brussels earlier this month of the EU's Conciliation Committee was unable to resolve differences between the European Parliament and member states over whether to retain the opt-out or not.

The UK’s Opt out is often called the British opt-out, but several other countries also allow longer hours under certain conditions. Britain and these countries “held firm”, noted Berr, against a European Parliament amendment to the Working Time Directive that would have phased out the opt-out in three years.

Employment relations minister Pat McFadden said in a written statement: "We have said consistently that we would not give up the opt-out and that continues to be the case. We argued that everyone has the right to basic protections surrounding the hours that they work, but also the right to choose those hours.”

In the UK an employee can sign a document agreeing to work longer than the 48 hours.

richelli
07-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Wheres this guy Pat McFadden live. I think al go buy him a drink and shake his hand. lol

tony--1
07-04-2009, 07:54 PM
nice 1 lmao

richardb14
14-04-2009, 05:44 PM
A few years ago I had to sign a disclaimer so that I could work over 60 hours a week, the company was involved in the oil industry.

Magoo
16-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Well it seems the supermarket industry is the same all around the world. These big ar### outfits dicatating rates of payment, but they still want you there now. About time the industry dictated to them. Who is making all the money, my guess is it not the refrig companies, let alone the individual service people.
If the big brother Gov't stipulates work hours, then stipulate terms of work to the supermarket scrooges. Do you give a horses,,,, if they lose product.
My recommendation is be pro-active, it about time our industry is recognised as a key component in the skeem of things. To coin a phrase "sorry sir out of time, ring next week ".

magoo

richelli
28-04-2009, 05:32 PM
WHHOOOO. Panic over !!!! I can now sleep well again at night!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8022095.stm

Grizzly
28-04-2009, 06:23 PM
richelli
I am pleased for you , that you can still work plenty of hours.
We all, myself included like being able to top up my income with overtime.
But I still wonder as to if reduced hours would of been that bad for our industry?
Grizzly