PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi split timer LED 10 flash

paul_h
18-12-2008, 07:37 AM
I've got a hitachi wall mount split system here, an RAS-72CHA3.
Unit cuts out and the timer flashes 10 times.
Anyone know what that means?
Indoor fan speed is erractic, compressor seems to cut in and out.

This is a non paying job for me so far, so I didn't rip it apart and check anything. I've never worked on hitachi so wouldn't know where to start.

I was only there to repair a drain leak in the roof, as the unit looks newish it may be under warranty if the can find out the purchase date, so there isn't any point to me working on it yet.
I'm just asking what that fault code might possible mean in case they can't find anyone else to repair it.

Edit: I've searched, but all the links to hitachi fault codes given out before in this forum are dead

edit: I have a manual for a different model split, and it says indoor fan motor trouble causes 10 LED flash.
It may be the case here, as the fan motor seems to run erratically. But, I tested in fan only mode and it seemed to run OK, but it died after running on cooling mode.

Anyone familiar with these ACs, anyone know if the fan fault is the motor or the PCB, or both? How to test either of them.

Finally, anyone in australia know where to get hitachi parts?

ewgeny
18-12-2008, 10:20 AM
There is a problem with indoor fan. It's has to be repaired, or thre is risk to break down permanently.
Try to smash indoor unit, and if fan react to smash, may there is cold solder (sorry, I don't know how is in English).

paul_h
19-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Thananks for the reply, I understand what you mean, give the unit a hit or a tap.

I got in touch with hitachi and they've sent me a manual, and told me I can order parts for them through Actrol or Heatcraft.
They also said I should replace the PCB and fan motor at the same time.

ewgeny
22-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Yep, but look first is the fan or his motor has a mechanical problem.

paul_h
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Is hitachi usually really expensive for parts, or is someone having a lend of me?
Hitachi don't deal direct, so I have to go through a wholesaler.
They want $430 for the indoor PCB. I've never come across any wall split PCB that pricey before for a small PCB.

Strange since the fan motor is $106 and that's in line with what other brands charge.

CELSIUS
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Remember, that a Fusion-Claim can be submitted to the Insurance, if the motor windings failed. IF THE CUSTOMER HAS Fusion of Electric Motor covered in their Building-Policy.
Is hitachi usually really expensive for parts, or is someone having a lend of me?
Hitachi don't deal direct, so I have to go through a wholesaler.
They want $430 for the indoor PCB. I've never come across any wall split PCB that pricey before for a small PCB.

Strange since the fan motor is $106 and that's in line with what other brands charge.