PDA

View Full Version : Flanges for condensor

Cewek ITS
17-12-2008, 02:00 AM
Dear All,

Can I install flanges on condensor ? As far as I know, flanges is only installed at unit such as aircooler or drycooler (medium fluid is absolutely liquid and the pressure not too high). What type of flanges that can be installed ? What is the reason we can or can not install flanges on condensor ?

Thanks
BR

Brian_UK
17-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Which circuit of the condenser are you wanting to fix the flanges to - the refrigerant or the cooling fluid side ?

Cewek ITS
18-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi Brian,

My condensor type is fin and tube. I want to install flanges at the inlet and outlet header tube side. As far as I know from my friends, characteristic of flanges is able to be leakage for gas fluid. So it is nor recomended to be installed on condensor. Is it right ?

BR

US Iceman
18-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Flanges are always a potential source of leaks. However, if the flanges and gaskets are installed properly and the bolts are torqued correctly there is no reason to say you should not use flanges.

A welded connection is always best though.

absrbrtek
20-12-2008, 04:42 AM
I agree, if installed properly.
Flanges are always a potential source of leaks. However, if the flanges and gaskets are installed properly and the bolts are torqued correctly there is no reason to say you should not use flanges.

A welded connection is always best though.