PDA

View Full Version : Geoclima Help

maxcool
14-12-2008, 09:09 PM
I have mailed the manufacturer but not heard anything back so perhaps you guys may be able to steer me in the right direction.

I have been working on a GSE-R2140/66 chiller which is set up wrong on its control. It is running in summer mode all year round and due to the paramaters, it is now running incorrect for this time of year.

It has a control system like a trend (cant remember what control it is). On the manual, the installers have written a code in so that I can access the maintenance side of things.

This is not much help as this will only allow me to check temps and adjust a few small things.

If I require to go further into more major setting adjustments, it then asks for a second code which I do not have.

I have guessed all the obvious codes with no luck and mailed the Italian manufacturers direct but nothing.

Any ideas as to how I can obtain this code?

Andy
14-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I have mailed the manufacturer but not heard anything back so perhaps you guys may be able to steer me in the right direction.

I have been working on a GSE-R2140/66 chiller which is set up wrong on its control. It is running in summer mode all year round and due to the paramaters, it is now running incorrect for this time of year.

It has a control system like a trend (cant remember what control it is). On the manual, the installers have written a code in so that I can access the maintenance side of things.

This is not much help as this will only allow me to check temps and adjust a few small things.

If I require to go further into more major setting adjustments, it then asks for a second code which I do not have.

I have guessed all the obvious codes with no luck and mailed the Italian manufacturers direct but nothing.

Any ideas as to how I can obtain this code?

Hi Maxcool:)

usually most chillers change over from summer to winter (cooling to heating) by a simple wire connection on the terminal rail.

Kind Regards Andy:)

maxcool
14-12-2008, 10:18 PM
There are a few extra bits that need adjusting also, so i do still require to access the main options as such.

There is not even any winter mode settings at all. They are empty and cannot be adjusted without code.

Thanks for your response. I shall look into it further.

nike123
14-12-2008, 10:47 PM
There are a few extra bits that need adjusting also, so i do still require to access the main options as such.

There is not even any winter mode settings at all. They are empty and cannot be adjusted without code.

Thanks for your response. I shall look into it further.

What is controller make and model#?

Grizzly
15-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi Maxcool.
And welcome to the forum.
I may have as they say "the wrong end of the stick here".
If I have forgive me as I don't know this model.
But the ones I work on have Carel pco controllers, which have bespoke software built around a generic Carel model.
Meaning that the winter / summer option is displayed.
But is only enabled if the chiller is configured for Heat pump operation.
It might be a stupid question but is the model you quote a Heat pump or just a chiller.
The reason I ask is I have seen a few of these chilling to 8c in "summer mode" when the ambient is at or below freezing.
The reason for this is when a BMS System only allows minimum fresh air make-up whilst the chiller is churning away cooling it's cooling loop throughout the building!
Anyway let us know how you get on?
Cheers Grizzly