PDA

View Full Version : About the way I feel!

shogun7
20-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

I see a lot of people yelling for peace, but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's my plan:

The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in the affairs of other countries, past &present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega, Milosovich and the rest of those 'good ole boys.' We will never "interfere" again.

We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there anyway. We would station troops at our borders and allow no one to sneak through holes in the fence.

We will allow all illegal aliens 90 days to get their affairs together and leave this country and will give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. I'm sure France would welcome them.

All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days, unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home, baby.

Energy wise, the US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement, or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get little or nothing.

Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

The Language we speak is ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE...

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'" -

Peter_1
20-03-2004, 06:58 AM
If all the aliens have to go, how far will you then go Shogun?
Almost all the Americans are aliens if you go back 150 years.

What will they do with all the black peoples they deported from Africa as slaves? Will they have also to go back to Africa? Are they aliens?

If they're interfere somewhere in the world, then it's mostly with underlaying reasons.

Robin Williams is a comic, you can see this , he can't be taken serious.

Is Yugoslavia better of now? I don't think so.
IS any country better of where they interfered the last years?

They (at least the present US gov) has the idea that democracy is the best thing in the world. They will change every country that is worth to change it (read if this can result in huge benefits over there)

What had they lost in such a small country as Kuwait? Or Afghanistan, or Iraq now?
Answer is real simple Shogun if you should think by yourself.
What have they lost in Israel?

Why went they not to help in Rwanda when the whole nation began to murder? Why not to all to the other countries where there is more need to 'interfere'.
Who interfered there? Almost all the European countries but we interfered with humanitarian help. You can interfere in different ways Shogun.

In the vision of other peoples - which you have to respect and which is in other words or by definition not worser then your idea - is a democracy not a better solution. They knew it in another way since years, learned to live with and they even won't something else.

It's today 1 year ago the 'interfered' in Iraq.

What has it brought up besides the bombing in Madrid and the lost of all those American soldiers who preferred to stay in the US?
What was the real meaning? Mass destruction weapons? They hardly found some riffles.

If the attack should be more justified with correct reasons/arguments, then you shouldn't have all those other countries against you. Even the UN and the own US Congress was against it but your president had to follow the word of those who paying him: $$$$. That's what it's all about.

All the new huge contracts for rebuilding Iraq went the last 2 weeks to ... of course....yes, to American companies.
So you look for your own job: bomb it first and then rebuild it then afterwords.

It's like a coach worker who runs his car against the wall because he has lack of work and then even get payed for it to repair it afterwords.

What happened in Afghanistan and why? They even financed there Bin Laden to help them. They created and funded the terrorist.

This is not your fault Shogun but I think that the news you are seeing in your country is the news that they want you to believe. We are far more independent in that.

And why do you think it's always the US who is attacked? Because you interfere to much on the wrong places.

Karl Hofmann
20-03-2004, 09:49 AM
LOL Peter has many valid points there, but the point that I would like to make is that you guys are just too thin skinned to be able to take anyone elses view other than your own, if we put forward our own view then we are giving the US a hard time, and quite frankly the Robin Williams piece sounds like "It's my ball and if you dont play by my rules then you can't play"

Most US citizens don't know what the world is like outside your own national borders and rely on the likes of your own home grown media to tell you what you want to hear, which would seem to be "The rest of the world is picking on us again"

I note that the US were rather reluctant to join in in WW2, happy to SELL the British equipment at a profit, untill the Japanese spoilt all that, The US was the only country to show a profit out of war.

I'm sorry if this is distastfull, but the reason that your first major terrorist attack was such a huge attack is the supreme arrogance of assuming that a terrorist attack couldn't possibly happen in the US, perhaps your media ought to inform you guys of some of the dirty tricks that your democratically elected government has pulled in your name, and then hidden behind a huge and almost invincible defence force

The arrogance and bombasticness of US foreign policy is exactly what has made these terrorist groups thrive

Shogun, there is a world outside your window, please feel free to open it at any time

chemi-cool
20-03-2004, 10:42 AM
politics is a filthy erea, motivated by money.

this is not the place.

go to: http://www.uspoliticsonline.com/forums/
or:http://anon.freeservers.com/politics.htm

I strongly belive that there will be a stage for all those who wants to influance on the world today.

chemi :mad: :mad:

Peter_1
20-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Forgot to post the CNN thread:
http://money.cnn.com/2003/03/25/news/companies/war_contracts/

Abe
20-03-2004, 11:00 AM
I find the easiest way to find an alternative view is place yourself in an opposing situation.

In the UK, we had a prog on telly last year.......A Rich man lived with a poor family for a week, and a poor family did likewise....

Similarly, imagine, if you were a poor person.....eaking out an existence in some despotic place on earth.....the lights of the US would beckon, and you would want to work as a cabbie in NY, even if you had a PHd under your belt....

Shogun, imagine if you were such a person, imagine you were born a Mexican, wouldnt you want a better life??? or what you percieve to be a better life elsewhere......???

When youre in that comfort zone with all your mod cons, its easy to blame, bully, and shout and demean peoples outside your scope of things and thinking...

I think Marc does a brill job pretending to be a Zulu warrior!!!!! lol

We can also argue, well " why dont they sort themselves out" ??? in these countries

yes, why dont they??

We can help, by cooperation, by showing them in a way they will understand.....

I have just returned from New Zealand, a beautiful peaceful country

This is what I saw, all the names of the places , town, places, etc are named in Moari, the Moari culture is thriving, the Moaris are thriving, they are peaceful, the migrants and the indegenous have blended together, they exist as virtually one, there is a commonility

The migrants uplifted the quality of life of the Moari, they assimilated into their culture and gave credence to their way of life

Result, a peaceful nation in harmony. Im not saying they dont have little disagreements now and then.....but their land rights are respected, their culture is respected......and uplifted

A successful nation if ever I saw one........

I come from Zimbabwe.....formerly Rhodesia, here the blacks were not treated as justly, result, a guerilla war, the blacks took over the country, they were ill equipped to rule, conditions were ripe for a distator, peoples were largely ill educated, sheepishly followed the leader.

Result: A nation destroyed...... It could have been a lot different

Similar thing in South Africa, fortunately, Mandela believes in harmony, he forgave rather then recriminate.

What I am sayin is this, put your foot in the other mans shoe, think what it might be like from is perspective.

Then your viewpoint will be better balanced.....

shogun7
20-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Thank you for your responses they are well taken, reasonable and appreciated. I am not an unreasonable man and i don't agree with Mr. Bush on many issues but I still greave for the inocent. I suppose I'm still mad as hell about 7/11. and for the record I really do like Marc and respect him. He says what he believes as all of you have done. I intend to always say whats on my mind but I am not above any criticisum and for sure I have my faults and as they say "I'm a work in progress"
Roger:D

andrewuk
20-03-2004, 11:38 PM
in country relations is all about money.
and nothing else ,if the money is big and it stops flowing then it's war,if you are in some small back water and have no money then suffer like the dog's you are .

realize that there are only a few people who really care and will act on humanitarian ground's, the rest don't care unless it affects the money in their wallet .

Dont' just slag america off , all countries are the same rich or poor .

They are all the same if it dosn't affect me then tough luck.

Abe
21-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Shogun......your reply was good.....very good. You thought about it, you understand why everyone has different opinions.....doesnt mean others are necessarily right......or wrong......its just everyone is different.

...its a merry go round....like Newton said.....every action has an equal and opposite reaction...

It wont stop........money to an extent is also a prob.......but lets face it.....We all want money......even in our puny little lives , if there is a money opportunity , dont we go for it??

The adage.....Survival of the Fittest also applies.....people will always envy the strong......label them as bullies..... US is certainly strong.......

frank
21-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi Ayb

Nice to hear you have just visited NZ - thats where I and the present Mrs Frank have just spent some time. It was the first time for us and like yourself we are overwhelmed with the place. So nice, peaceful, beautiful and welcoming. My appentice (many moons ago! :D ) emigrated to NZ 7 years ago and we visited him to see his new family - fantastic time mate!! Spent new years day on the beach - what a difference from spending the day in cold, rain or snow in the UK.

Read in the Saturday Mail (newspaper) this week that Esther Rantzen (sp?) has just done a cruise around the green fiords of the south island and she said that the beauty of it made her cry! some statement!..:) . We only visited the north island but our hearts were turned.

So...so different to the UK.

chemi-cool
21-03-2004, 05:48 PM
hi frank,

its the same all over the world.
poeple who live in hot countries, just love to go to a cold country on a holyday. from desert country to green country and so on.

when I go to my little place in scotland, I enjoy the green forests, green medows with big white sheep all over, whisky and beer like no where else. nice and helpful people, never spit on the pavement.....

I think that what is apealing to people is the opposite of the kind of life they live.

chemi :)

Peter_1
21-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Aiyub
Shogun......your reply was good.....very good. You thought about it, you understand why everyone has different opinions.....doesnt mean others are necessarily right......or wrong......its just everyone is different.

Was just thinking the same Aiyub.

Abe
22-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Frank,

I did the whole North Island in 12 days, travelled 2500 Kms.....Rounded off trip in Auckland, spent last day on Red Beach.....beautiful day. Beautiful sky, blue sea.......just paddled and soaked the sun.......felt the breeze...

Saw all the yaughts in the harbour......Hey, I didnt realise those Americas Cup yaughts are so big!!!!!!

Frank, we should get together some time......youre only up the road from me.......