PDA

View Full Version : new coolroom and freezer question

icemakerman
12-12-2008, 01:15 PM
we have recently installed new coolroom and freezer units (evaps and condensing units ) on r404a and have had no success . Coolroom seems to go ok but then coil ices up and Freezer wont go below -10C .I did not actually set up the units and have no ideas any help, units are supposed to be correct size for rooms

boy
12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Icemakerman,
Welcome to RE
Will ask the following.

1.insulation thickness?
2.kind of defrost?
3.does the system has pumpdown cycle?
4.size of coldroom
5..capacity ratings?

nike123
12-12-2008, 04:42 PM
In order to evaluate selection of your refrigeration system we need also this data.

Conditions of air in surrounding and placemant conditions
Amount, loading frequency and type of processed goods
Make and model # of condensers and evaporators
Make and model# of TEV
Make and model of control panel or controller

Noori
12-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Dear Icemakerman.
I agree with Nike because all these information are necessary to solve the problem specially the type of the metering device and the controller in order to analyze and understand the reasons for the unit bad operation.
Best regard.

Brian_UK
12-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Is this the first cold room / freezer that you or your firm has installed?

Is it any different from any others that you have installed?

fridgey
13-12-2008, 06:39 AM
-Who did your engineering of the systems?

-Have the systems been commissioned properly and all the control settings set properly?

icemakerman
16-12-2008, 10:16 AM
thanks for all the questions guys......turns out the installers drilled a hole in the freezer coil and had it on vacuum after ...thus inducing a lot of moisture, I have replaced driers on both units and evacuated to 250 microns for 2hrs each system...recharged and both systems now acheive temps required(also installed a suction drier to freezer system) i suspect it is possibly the first low temp equipment the other tech has installed, my only concern now is the sight glass indicators still show yellow indicating moisture however i am going to let sleeping dogs lie..... if it aint broke dont fix it.

icemakerman
28-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Icemakerman,
Welcome to RE
Will ask the following.

1.insulation thickness?
2.kind of defrost?
3.does the system has pumpdown cycle?
4.size of coldroom
5..capacity ratings?

1. 100mm (4")
2. Electric timed by carel cellarman controller
3. yes
4. small aprox 1.2m x 2.4 x 2.1 h
5. unit is supposedly rated @ 1.5kw R404a Danfoss tes2 with no1 orifice ....

was called back on sat night (after 43c ambient) unit was at -7c iced up on top half of evap ... opened valve up 1/4 turn ... ambient has been a lot lower last few days ,system has yet to reach -18 system is only 2 months old (usually work on a/c not much experience in freezers but system is supposedly engineered to correct size) would appreciate any suggestions

nike123
29-01-2009, 08:13 PM
1. 100mm (4")
2. Electric timed by carel cellarman controller
3. yes
4. small aprox 1.2m x 2.4 x 2.1 h
5. unit is supposedly rated @ 1.5kw R404a Danfoss tes2 with no1 orifice ....

was called back on sat night (after 43c ambient) unit was at -7c iced up on top half of evap ... opened valve up 1/4 turn ... ambient has been a lot lower last few days ,system has yet to reach -18 system is only 2 months old (usually work on a/c not much experience in freezers but system is supposedly engineered to correct size) would appreciate any suggestions

Check your filter driers for temperature drop across them. If higher than 2K change it.
It is probably moisture related problem if we consider history.