PDA

View Full Version : Zanotti quick note

zanman
12-12-2008, 12:06 AM
I am new to this forum, but i thought i might share some news. Zanotti north america is in full swing, Zanotti spa pulled out of montreal-"SMART if you ask me, Now there 5 strong distributers in the USA seattle,L.A,chicago,Boston,and florida. the way its going to work is each distributer will sell to existing dealers but have a controlled territory. Also Zanotti is moving manufacturing to USA. this really going to help us dealers. Anyway we are a small transport refrigeration R&M company we also workon containers- if we can be any help -just ask. LOVE this site

abbsnowman
12-12-2008, 03:03 AM
I've been in the Zanotti loop before. Who's the contact now? Still Zollie?

smpsmp45
12-12-2008, 06:48 AM
This is really surprising news on Zanotti. They had a terrible time in India & have put off the dealerships for all the distributors.

zanman
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
As far as i know he has moved on and is no longer involved, how do you know him

abbsnowman
12-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Zanman, with all due respect, I would be very carefull with any Zanotti announcments. Especialy in North America. From what I have read on this and other sites, they are going through some changes with the addition to Hubbard.
Again, I have been through this many times before. I know alot about what "realy" happened here in north america.
Nothing bad to say about the machine itself.
Do you realy think it's a good time to develop a product in North America right now? Here are 3 reason the answer is no:
#1- Product has failed here before and people reconize the name for all the wrong reasons. (Kind of a double whammy there.)
#2- The economy..........(Need I say more?)
#3- Suport systems not in place. (unless there is something I don't know.)

Again my friend, I would be very carefull if I was you. I bet there is alot you don't know. Trust me on that.

zanman
12-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I think the support will come- i know the distrubters personally and i think the structure will be strong, i have been selling them for just about 4 years and I am pretty happy with the results- maybe we know each other?

NoNickName
12-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Can you please let us know where does exactly the news come from? Is that first-hand or did you hear it on the grapevine...

zanman
12-12-2008, 04:53 PM
i heard it first hand- no grapevine- Good things will come if you need Zanotti support, but i think its going to take a bit for it to be done right, but i hears directly from zanotti spa of there intentions to bring manufacturing to the USA. there are always rumors sometimes true sometimes false but i know that the Zanotti product pretty well and so far no real complaints except for the intial logistics with having it in montreal. there will be a press release simlar to the one in refrigerated transporter about the 5 regions and dealer network. But i think from now on with english being spoken and local units and parts & support in all 3 time zones-its a win win

abbsnowman
12-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Maybe we do know eachother? I'm on the west coast of Canada. 13 years at Carrier, 6 on my own. Played the Zanotti game and it just about broke me. I still welcome the idea but if it was hard the first time, immagine what it will be like second!
It will be interesting on how this plays out. I have heard all this before. I hope for your sake your right.
mark@futureclimates.ca

zanman
12-12-2008, 05:23 PM
email sent

SKOOBY
12-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Zannotti is about as popular as Bin Ladin in the UK.
Steer well clear:rolleyes:

zanman
12-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I am sorry to here that. i see alot of posts from england and not very favorable. we have had pretty good success- what has been the problem?commercial reefer or transport? just curious

ZSPA
13-12-2008, 07:40 AM
This is really surprising news on Zanotti. They had a terrible time in India & have put off the dealerships for all the distributors.

In India Zanotti is now having a JV with a big automotive company and they are going to manufacture there also soon. I heard the name is Motherson Zanotti Refrigeration Systems

abbsnowman
13-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Sound familiar, a little of everything but alot of nothing? I have heard so much "talk" about this company but seen nothing. They are on to a good thing. If they would just make up thier mind on a direction they may amount to something.
Still watching, still waiting.
If Mitsubishi wants to come to North America, I'm all ears!

NoNickName
13-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I think this thread is just marketing hype.

abbsnowman
13-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I think this thread is just marketing hype.

That's an intellagent comment.
If you read and pay attention, what this thread is about is a person that is telling others of his excitement in a product he wants to sell. Others are commenting and cautioning him because we have been told all the same things he has. We are trying to give him some input to protect him. (Help him.)
Hype? Maybe you mean HELP?

SKOOBY
13-12-2008, 08:42 PM
The biggest let down in the UK is the Transport units. The commercial side is quite reliable from what i have seen.
BUT the transport units are just not reliable

carch
15-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Most of my customers that had Zanottis have since gotten rid of them and put on either a Carrier or a TK. Zanotti has left a very bad taste in everyones mouth here. I have one customer left with a Zanotti and after two weeks of trying to get parts to repair it he has now called to get a different unit. If they bring in the support, the product is not bad, but without parts it makes it very hard to service your customers. If anyone has parts or can get them easily in Canada please let me know. like I said I am looking for some right now with no luck or help. Its been two weeks and so far nothing. Customer is very upset. I would much rather get the parts to fix his unit then have him buy a different unit and loose his shirt.

zanman
15-12-2008, 11:07 PM
i have parts and would be happy to support you- this not a adverising thing- but we are in this industry to make money and keep customers happy along the way - but if you need parts i have them along with all schematics- iam not to far from you so shipping would be easy