PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket cold room

Burrah Boy
11-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi, I have to do an assignment for a cold room inside a conditioned supermarket with an ambient of 20degC.
I have set my hottest ambient outdoor temp as 32degC for SE England, where the condensing unit will be mounted. I will be chilling 2000kg of beef to 0degC, arriving at 10 degC. I have calculated the heat load for the plant to chill using the 20degC store ambient, for conducton through the insulation, and not the 32degC. However I am now being thrown a curve ball by some people who say I should use the 32degC for my heat load calcs. I have used this 32degC in my condensing calculations allowing for 45degC condensing temp using 134a. I feel that I have calculated correctly, but I may be wrong! I am not using software, but doing it the old skool way.
Please advise.
Thanks!
Marc :rolleyes:

boy
12-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Burrah boy,

welcome,and you are on the right track.do it manually just like yhe old school.

1.application of coldroom.
2.temperature?

regards,

taz24
12-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi, I have to do an assignment for a cold room inside a conditioned supermarket with an ambient of 20degC.

I have calculated the heat load for the plant to chill using the 20degC store ambient, for conducton through the insulation, and not the 32degC.

Please advise.
Thanks!
Marc :rolleyes:

If you are wrong then I would be too.
You have done it like I would ;)

Cheers taz.

friging hell
15-12-2008, 09:41 AM
If the ambient is 20degC then it is 20degC! I would work it out from that because at the end of the day that is the actual temperature and not the standard figure that is set by text books. Plus the unit will probably be over sized after calculations are done for 32degC