PDA

View Full Version : How are we all doing?

Prince Vaillant
11-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Given the present financial climate how are we all doing?
There do seem to be indications of tougher times to come.

paul_h
11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
My only problem is that it's the middle of summer here and it hasn't got above 30C.
Nov normally is 30+C, Dec is normally 33+C, and by Jan to March there's a few 40C days
It's not the financial climate doing me in, it's the actual climate being too cold that's making life hard.
Anyone want to visit australia to escape the northern hemisphere winter, but doesn't want to be too hot, should do it now.
It's actually raining in december! Not a day above 30C, the last few days have been 24C, with rain, and not humid.

edit: It finally got warm and I'm doing 5-6 jobs a day :D

eggs
11-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Sh1te.

We were ok until about 2 weeks ago, booked up until mid March. One by one the contracts were shelved and then one company we had a contract with went pop. (before we started.)
Now we have 1 job in progress, until appx mid Jan. One little job starting in Feb, then nothing.............

Looks like the unit and office are going to get painted and cleaned out:cool:

Eggs

boy
12-12-2008, 04:06 PM
same here in these eastern part of asia and we belong to 3rd world countries.already had meduim size proj that will start early next year that runs for 3 months and still searching for the next.

hoping that next year will not be as bad as projected, otherwise_ _ _ _ _ _.

regards,

p_p
12-12-2008, 05:44 PM
We had our best year last year 07/08 and on course for an even better 08/09 with plenty of orders for the first quarter next year, so its not all doom and gloom.

PP

Karl Hofmann
13-12-2008, 12:58 AM
I too am pretty optimistic for next year, there is a lot of very interesting stuff coming up for me, I guess that for the forseeable future it pays to be light on your feet

Makeit go Right
18-12-2008, 07:42 PM
And there is (in the UK) the demise of virgin R22 to look forward to, as the deadline draws ever closer. That should help against the dreaded crunch.

LRAC
19-12-2008, 06:56 AM
We here it every day now redundancies from wholesalers and fridge/ac guys, emails every 10 minutes from recruitment companies with good qualified guys available for immediate start. Big thick white envelopes dropping through the door informing you of customers who have gone in too administration, letting you know much money you have just lost and these were good companies with excellent credit ratings.

Folio Hotels went into administration and as reported on the "times online" an air conditioning company had to be physically restrained from removing a £ 600,000 system not yet paid for. Its not about being light on your feet its about getting paid.

On another subject we recently had a request from our bank manager for a post financial market collapse review???????????
He visited us and said we were fine so far but if we needed financial support it was available, great i thought just incase we need it. Heres the catch, in line with Government guidelines the Natwest have to be seen as supporting small business as the Government has lent them some money. He offered us lets say £ 20,000 payable over six months with full security against assets, six months can you imagine the repayments on that :eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you weren't going bust that would do it..............and loose your home as well, i afraid guys in times like this its look after number one, see you all on my market stall selling misplaced fridge spares;);)

paul_h
19-12-2008, 07:38 AM
So this is what it's like to be busy :D
6 jobs a day, 8 units to track down parts for, people calling me non stop, I've never worked so hard in my life.

Everyone is complaining that I can't get there soon enough :mad: Saying the need their a/c fixed before christmas, that their house is sold and it needs to be fixed, or that they need it working for the hot weather!

Their own fault, a month ago they knew christmas was coming, that their house was on the market or that summer was coming :confused:
I had hardly any work back in november, why didn't they call then?

edit: I've been trying to avoid airwells, but a couple snuck up on me, now I need parts for them, anyone in australia know where I can source them? Or at least a manual for the email/airwell wall controllers (the type with the vertical LCD down the middle which has the flame icon for heat) vd00412 mean anything?

LRAC
19-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Given the present financial climate how are we all doing?
There do seem to be indications of tougher times to come.

You should be telling us hows it going?

As a supplier you are a good barometer in measuring the current situation.

rude
20-12-2008, 01:25 AM
So this is what it's like to be busy :D
6 jobs a day, 8 units to track down parts for, people calling me non stop, I've never worked so hard in my life.

Everyone is complaining that I can't get there soon enough :mad: Saying the need their a/c fixed before christmas, that their house is sold and it needs to be fixed, or that they need it working for the hot weather!

Their own fault, a month ago they knew christmas was coming, that their house was on the market or that summer was coming :confused:
I had hardly any work back in november, why didn't they call then?

edit: I've been trying to avoid airwells, but a couple snuck up on me, now I need parts for them, anyone in australia know where I can source them? Or at least a manual for the email/airwell wall controllers (the type with the vertical LCD down the middle which has the flame icon for heat) vd00412 mean anything?

Likewise with me i think i got 30 jobs booked up over the next few weeks.

You may be able to get airwell/email parts from Heatcraft. I know they got me some pc boards when i needed them so maby give them a go.

paul_h
20-12-2008, 04:10 AM
Cheers mate :)

flash
12-01-2009, 04:33 PM
dying on our arses mate, anyone with a parachute?:mad:

Contactor
13-01-2009, 02:58 PM
It's survival of the fitters ha ha ha