PDA

View Full Version : york chiller motor rotation error

cesarnino
11-12-2008, 11:44 AM
hello can anyone help about chiller problem, its about this york maxe chiller that we are to startup.... when the chiller was to be started the error msg motor rotation would come up... weve already used a phase sequencer and checked the sequence... the chiller have a acrel adr3-800H motor protection in the starter.. weve tried to disable the phase sequence protection but the motor rotation still comes out.. even if we bypass QE its still the same... anybody have an idea???? the chiller is a york maxe yr model.. 350tons.

nike123
11-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Did you checked correct wiring inside of control panel? Do you have all three phases at phase control relay? Did you checked phase imbalance?

cesarnino
11-12-2008, 02:34 PM
well im just a beginner, actually im just an operator so i have no idea about that phase control relay. but the one who have done the wiring was our technician.. i have downloaded a manual of the said acrel ard3 motor protection, and tried to help our technician solve the problem. there was a p010 setting for the device which is the motor phase protection.. it was set at 8 which we changed to 1. (0 is disable, 1 is enable; but was set to 8) so we tried to set it to 1 and the motor run for about 8 secs, and then there it was again, motor rotation msg. it seems like the motor cant run in delta.. after secs of running in wye it stops and the msg appears in the chiller control panel...

nike123
11-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Then post link for that manual thru your visitor message! (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=visitor+message&match=all&titlesonly=0)

ChillyWilley
11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Who is the manufacture of the starter? Is the motor turning the direction that is shown casted on the compressor? What is the message displayed on the control panel of the chiller?
I seems to me that the starter may not be seeing the motor current properly, then timing out, and not transitioning.

Entropie
11-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Is the chiller equipped with a unit fitted liquid cooled solid state starter or with an external motor starter?

regards,
Entropie

cesarnino
13-12-2008, 06:31 AM
:Dguys problem was solved already....thanks anyways.. current coils inside the motor starter were interchanged thus showing motor phase error in the chiller screen and yes, not transitioning. There were 2 problems. the other one was that the acrel motor protection in the wye-delta starter or in the mains was not configured thus the manual i downloaded was a very big help. because in the acrel site there was no other downloadable manual except for the chinese manual and what a problem it would be to those who are not able to read chinese...like me:off topic:

ChillyWilley
13-12-2008, 03:43 PM
:Dguys problem was solved already....thanks anyways.. current coils inside the motor starter were interchanged thus showing motor phase error in the chiller screen and yes, not transitioning. There were 2 problems. the other one was that the acrel motor protection in the wye-delta starter or in the mains was not configured thus the manual i downloaded was a very big help. because in the acrel site there was no other downloadable manual except for the chinese manual and what a problem it would be to those who are not able to read chinese...like me:off topic:
cesarnino, glad to have seen you have solved your ploblems. BTW, was this a new start-up? Just for my information. Thanks.